third reich sojourns

mr bridger

last one, thats enough of the holiday slide show you will be glad to know.

post-564-1256249990_thumb.jpg

another soviet tank i came across in holland at the back of a different museum as it wasn't on show i have no idea which kind it is

post-564-1256249760_thumb.jpg

The Russian tanks are not a huge surprise. The German army used plenty of captured Soviet tanks from the Eastern Front throughout the war. By September/October 44 tanks were in short supply in the German army so they would be using whatever they could. Further the high command would already be planning of retaining as many prized German tank divisions as possible for the winter campaigns, mainly Battle of the Bulge.

Your other Soviet Tank I do not think is Soviet... looks more like Post-WWII variant. Closest I can tell from the photo is a possible Belgian variant of the M60A3 Patton, but it is not a exact match.

the remaines of one of the four crematoria that was destroyed as the germans retreated with the soviet advance the remaining prisoners were sent on the death march to the west.

Very Nice photos keep em coming! :thumbsup: also sorry i haven't been on lately guys almost had damn Swine Flu <_<

i came across a mobile crematorium in vught, as well as the usual crematorium ovens, the tour wasn't for the squeamish, there was still blood stains on the crematorium floor after all these years faint but could still be seen.

post-564-1256409977_thumb.jpg

post-564-1256410053_thumb.jpg

post-564-1256410159_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

plaque on the wall at enterance of factory. cant work out how to rotate pic as i am not to hot on the old pc.

more great pics Mr Bridger , look forward to seeing the Obersalzburg pics :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had a chance to dig out the Obersalzburg pics ?

will get some posted up at the weekend, where will we start the nest or the bunker complex or maybe the tee haus ?

the entrance into the tunnel leading to the reception area where the brass lift awaits to take you to the eagles nest.

thirsty work. will look out some more to post up this week as the files on my pc are all over the place.

Great pictures as usual :thumbsup: Did you not get the feeling somebody had been there before you when you went up in that lift ? :hitler: