third reich sojourns

mr bridger

hi guys as well as collecting i also enjoy visiting places of significant importance from the third reich period i will endevour to share some pictures of places i have visited over the comeing weeks.

post-883-1254473856_thumb.jpg

Great pictures Mr Bridger :thumbsup: nice photography too, look forward to seeing some more :)

thanks kenny, here we are inside block 11 the gestapo would hold court inside this building which contains standing cells and starvation cells the majority of people entering block 11 were condemed to death to some it came swiftly to others it could be a drawn out affair. the first use of zyklon b was used in this building on russian pow's.

post-883-1254511146_thumb.jpg

inside the gas chamber auschwitz 1, motorbikes would be revved up once the condemed entered the chamber to drown out the screams.

post-883-1254511704_thumb.jpg

this is where the zyklon b was dropped through the ceiling once the chammber was full and the doors were shut.

post-883-1254511880_thumb.jpg

my next pictures will take us onto birkenau the main extermination/labour camp, will post them up over the weekend.

very nice photos! hopefully will be going to alot of these camps for history Trips at school, i will take photos to.

very nice photos! hopefully will be going to alot of these camps for history Trips at school, i will take photos to.

definately go if you have the chance. by the way its great to see young collecters like yourself takeing an interest keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

more great pictures , I remember there was some controversy as the guard towers do not appear in war time photos some people said the soviets put them there others that the towers were actually moveable I can't remember which was correct.

more great pictures , I remember there was some controversy as the guard towers do not appear in war time photos some people said the soviets put them there others that the towers were actually moveable I can't remember which was correct.

interesting, i have not come across this before i will look into it and see what i can come up with.will also post some more pics later,and then we can move onto schindlers factory and the gheto wall that is in Krackow

hi lackie here

i've got several pics taken at one of the concentration camps in holland, the one at vught

will try and upload these along with some of the overloon pics

post-564-1256246584_thumb.jpg

heres a couple of shots from overloon, the museum itself is built on the actual battlefield, so you can still see the bunkers slit trenches and craters today.

my sons thought this was boring until they found out that equipment and actual casualities were still being discovered on the site. it also helps that the kids can actually site on some of the equipment.

post-564-1256248196_thumb.jpg

i'm not actually kissing this sherman, im looking through the shell damage that lifted the tuuret off

post-564-1256248492_thumb.jpg

the following are all battlefield recovered from the actual battle at overloon.

ps before you ask i have no idea where the T34 came from

post-564-1256248894_thumb.jpg