Download 2010

Reece

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone else went to download festival this year ? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reece

• Graeme

• STUKA STEVE

• Kenny Andrew

Didn't go to download but did go to see Paul McCartney at Hampden, a couple of weeks ago ,unfortunately can't remember any of it :wacko: which is quite fitting as they say if you can remember the sixties you were'nt there. :blink:

Too many whiskeys en route :blink: I did have a good time though :D

Steve you must really like your metal man XD

Wouldent mind seeing Meshuggah and a few others

Not going to Downlaod.

But have worked at Pendulum, Faithless, McCartney, Rockness and T in the Park since June. Should be working the V Festival as well.

All good fun.

Reece,I certainly do like my metal and all types of Rock..funnily enough i was listening to Meshuggah last night! Going to Alice In Chains next week.Next time your going to a gig let me know,i might see you there...and get you a pint! ;)

wow you certinally have an epic taste in music i love alice in chans my mates kept nagging and nagging me to get a ticket too late now though :( . im suppost to be going to Alter bridge in October but im moveing house so everythings a bloody mess hopefully i will find them , and that sounds good :D

What do you think of Hampden G?

That's the second time I've been ,last time was 20 years ago to see the stones and they were tiny , thought after it was done up things would be better but McCartney was tiny too, and I don't think our seats were that bad.

Think he would have been tiny where ever you were ,other than the pitch and even I don't like him that much to pay £500 for a pitch seat.

It's crap. All Stadium gigs are crap. Saw U2 at Murrayfield years ago - before video screens - couldn't see a thing.

You go to these things for the atmosphere and the experience. Though at the prices these days I don't experience much!!!!!!

We turned up at 12:30 for briefing and deployment. Only to have to sit in the stand for an hour and a half while McCartney did his soundcheck. Nobody could hear the briefing.

Great job I have - paid to go and listen to McCartney.

Yes I agree , don't think I would ever go back to Hampden to see anybody, I know what you mean about the atmosphere I think that's why I got so drunk ,I might as well been sitting in a big room with a McCartney CD on.

Last time I saw him was 20 years ago at the SEC ,some how my pal managed to convince the management that he was a photographer and I was a writer for his magazine (which didn't exist, all nonsense) I didn't think we would get in , but we did , he got thrown out after three songs as all the photographers do , but I got to stay for the whole thing ,in VIP seats right at the front ,was brilliant.

After the concert ended I went looking for my pal and ended up lost around the back of the SEC where I stumbled across a Garage with McCartney's burgandy Bentley sitting in it, If I had waited a few minutes more I might have bumped into McCartney.

The whole day was like a strange film ,that's what I was expecting at Hampden but it didn't quite work out like that, although other people that were there said it was his best gig ever, pity I can't remember any of it :(

He was better than I thought he would be.

I remember watching him during the Superbowl half time and thinking you tired, sad, old man; you have lost all your passion. Give it up. However he seemed to have recaptured it at Hampden.

Back to Festivals though. Do you not think there are far too many now. When I was growing up there was Glastonbury, Reading, Donnington and the Isle of Wight Festival's. T in the Park had just started. Now there are hundreds of the buggers.

Perhaps we are in danger of being Festivalled out.

I saw AC/DC AND Chilli Peppers at Hampden and they were excellent.Its about the atmosphere and the music.You cant expect to be thirty feet away and close up! Better to be relatively sober and you enjoy it better...and remember it! I go to loads of gigs so maybe im just used to it.I was miles away at AC/DC but it was great..and the ticket was free! :D

AC/DC were superb at Hampden but as a national stadium it does not do it for me .

Reece, there are atill Alice In Chains tickets available if you still want to go.Better be fast though as sell out soon.

AHHH f*** i need to wait till i get paid on friday hopefully if theirs some left, then i will get them at a minute past midnight :( :( :( :( :( :(

• 2 weeks later...

bit late haha . not been on in a while . alice in chains was AMAZING. how you enjoy it steve ?

They were amazing.Consistenly always great live.So many great songs they end up leaving some out.Got Jerry Cantrells plectrum!

haha epic same well one they threw out dived on the floor to get it haha. the star with alice, by any chance were you wearing a white t shirt and shorts i thought i saw you lol, they were amazing one of the best gigs ive been to. you going to alter bridge in october ?

This may seem like a stupid question guys but who are SLF ,

Oops. I keep forgetting I am getting old and people may not know bands from the 70's and 80's.

SLF - Stiff Little Fingers. Best band to come out of Northern Ireland.

Jake Burns the Lead Signer and Guitarist is about 52 now!!!!!!