WW2 IRON CROSS

stephen1

Hi everyone, im new to this forum.I have always wanted to buy an iron cross and have recently started to research them.It seems all manner of websites offer them.I have read a lot about how to spot a genuine one.Magnetic centre and makers mark.I see there are 2 in the shop now.Can you please advise on the authenticity of these please.

very many thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forum.

With all WWII items buy them from a reputed dealer which will back up the authenticity. Else you run a very high risk of buying a fake.

Kenny and the shop verify everything is authentic and stand by it with a guarantee. If you buy from him you can be assured it is real. You will not find the same assurance with most dealers.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forum.

With all WWII items buy them from a reputed dealer which will back up the authenticity. Else you run a very high risk of buying a fake.

Kenny and the shop verify everything is authentic and stand by it with a guarantee. If you buy from him you can be assured it is real. You will not find the same assurance with most dealers.

Thanks greg, i dont want to waste money on a fake!, your advice is very welcome.

• Like 1

Hello Stephen, Welcome along :)

Iron crosses are faked quite a bit, so always buy from a great dealer such as Kenny who will back its authenticity just as Greg stated.

Some iron crosses are not magnetic but can be genuine, these will usually have a non-magnetic brass centre. Some even had a zinc centre, and possibly even copper.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum :) yes all our items are covered by a life time guarantee of authenticity this is compared to other dealers who can offer two weeks or sometimes even 7 days!

We have been doing this for over 25 years and not had a problem yet,

Hope this helps

Kenny

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum :) yes all our items are covered by a life time guarantee of authenticity this is compared to other dealers who can offer two weeks or sometimes even 7 days!

We have been doing this for over 25 years and not had a problem yet,

Hope this helps

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, do you have any info regarding the 2 iron crosses you have for sale?.

P.S my wife is from Japan and translated the writing on the flag you have , its very interesting.I can send you info on this if you would find it helpful.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen,

I take it you are referring to the first class cased crosses? If so,

WW2 German Iron Cross First Class in Presentation Case Ref: 392 £265.00 This cross came from a collection I have been buying from the Channel Islands.

WW2 German Iron Cross First Class in Presentation Case Ref: 917 £365.00 This cross came from one of our regulars who has a very advanced Iron Cross collection.

If you like a combat worn item that has been there and done it, I would go for 392, If you are looking for a nice example then I would spend the extra and get 917 which is a lovely cross.

Hope this helps

Yes info on the flag would be great thanks :)

Hi Stephen,

I take it you are referring to the first class cased crosses? If so,

WW2 German Iron Cross First Class in Presentation Case Ref: 392 £265.00 This cross came from a collection I have been buying from the Channel Islands.

WW2 German Iron Cross First Class in Presentation Case Ref: 917 £365.00 This cross came from one of our regulars who has a very advanced Iron Cross collection.

If you like a combat worn item that has been there and done it, I would go for 392, If you are looking for a nice example then I would spend the extra and get 917 which is a lovely cross.

Hope this helps

Yes info on the flag would be great thanks :)

The cross 917, does it have a magnetic core?

• Like 1

Hi Stephen, yes the core is magnetic