Anyone on Facebook?

Kenny Andrew

I just set up a face book page , not really sure what we are going to do with it yet, but if anybody is on it ,you can find it by searching for Treasure Bunker Ltd.

Nice Kenny! Fb is a tricky place to land a business, you need a marketing angle to approach when using it. We use it heavily at work with 3,000+ followers but the market is very different from Militaria.

Wonderland Models use it (in my mind) quite well, worth having a look at their page for ideas. I would suggest you use the page to promote deals, new arrivals and chatter from the shop. I'm happy to lend any advice as needed.

Cheers Greg, I might make you an admin on it if anything starts to happen on it, at the moment I'm just trying to work out what we can do with it, if there is any movement on it I might get a facebook link added to the main site.

Looked at wonderland ,just seems to be allot of people complaining about bad service, maybe it's not the way to go.I have disabled the ability to post on our page(I think) ,although some one has managed to add a "Like" could you check it out Greg and see if it lets you post a comment?

Looked at wonderland ,just seems to be allot of people complaining about bad service, maybe it's not the way to go.I have disabled the ability to post on our page(I think) ,although some one has managed to add a "Like" could you check it out Greg and see if it lets you post a comment?

Took a look, you cannot now make comments on your wall Kenny - this is a good idea (in my mind) for by work we do not allow this either. Ultimately you need to decide if the page is 2 way or 1 way communication. You have an excellent forum and in-store support so why open a third avenue through facebook? I would do as you did and make the page a way to post messages from the bunker to fans and nothing more.

Fans can comment on posts you make, usually these are fine, sometimes you must moderate but you decide in your own good time to do this or not depending on what is posted. For my purposes we moderate out anything that is conflict of business interest or otherwise and also anything that is defamatory, though negative comments are responded to showing we do meet negativity with a positive constructive answer.

Your page will take time to get off the ground, it is worth mentioning in your email dispatches. Create a plan of what to post on the page, such as once a week a simple post of a new item into the shop or like Wonderland 2-3x a month an update of the latest models released from vendors. Ultimately it must be something engaging (be careful not to spam and also not to conflict with your already established forms of communication) to the members or it isn't worth using.

cheers Greg,

my thoughts exactly :thumbsup: