how do shops get weapons like the RPG or AK-47?

broom of doom

i was just wondering how do shops like this one get hold of such mad weapons? ive seen RPGs hundreds of AK-47s Bazooka's where do they get stuff like that? :lol:

Many down here have been found and deactivated but some have just been in private hands or museums for years

Kenny will correct me if I am wrong but today shops such as TB would get them from collectors selling off a collection, and would be looking for the de-act certificate.

In the hey-day of Military surplus sell offs (60s/70s) and again in the 90s large wholesale dealers would purchase arms from the government through agents. These would then be de-activated by the company or in collusion with the government. Having mass stocks of de-acts they would sell direct to collectors or in lots to other dealers to unload in their own ways. A handful of these companies still exist but stocks have dried up in the past decade and they are largely working off scraps left in storage. Gone are the days of walking into a unknown warehouse and finding floor to ceiling stacks of surplus needs.

Now days it is mainly dealers buying off collections for re-sale.

intresting i bet the was a lot of surplus when the soviet union collapsed

Believe me Broom there are still plenty of government stores in Eastern Europe particularly the Ukraine.The worry is that much of this stuff is serviceable and includes heavy ordnance.Quite often it falls into dubious hands via illegal payments to corrupt officials.

If you never have, get and watch Lord of War... it is very near the truth of the international arms business