Xbox Red Ring of Death

Greg

Anyone ever have their Xbox 360 get the Red Ring of Death? Mine did last week, under cover by Microsoft luckily with all costs paid by them so it is in a box to Germany to be fixed. Just wondering if anyone has had it and what to expect from MS in fixing it and getting it back to me.

Hestar haha just what i was thinking and ive not been online in adges, but really xbox sucks

Hestar haha just what i was thinking and ive not been online in adges, but really xbox sucks

my son had this with his 360 elite, thought it was just dust so decided to try and open the outer case without much luck, then sent it to germany, and was returned immediately on the grounds that it had been tampered with even though the internal seal wasn't broken.

my son simply bought a kit from ebay stripped the 360 down added more thermal paste and the thing worked as good as. wasn't very happy with xbox so decide to ditch it and get the ps3.

he still says that the problem was a xbox rushing them out without adequate testing.

Hmm I'm detecting I should go get a PS3, well maybe for xmas.

Still I don't mind xbox, I am not a heavy gamer it is just a free time activity thing every so often. What to do without rediculous games like Lego Indiana Jones... beating up Lego brick Nazi's is just giggly fun for the entire family.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it back today, super fast turn around, no explanation of the fault though. They did toss in 1 month XBox Live free and Halo 3 (have it already) though.... wonder if I can ask them to exchange 3 for Reach....

Got it back today, super fast turn around, no explanation of the fault though. They did toss in 1 month XBox Live free and Halo 3 (have it already) though.... wonder if I can ask them to exchange 3 for Reach....