Navy Medals

Dave

^_^

Hi everyone. My father in law served in the RN throughout WW2. Some time ago his medals disappeared from his house. As he is approaching 90 he can't remember what he was awarded.

I have managed to get his Navy service record but this does not mention medals. I know the MoD will not re issue but replicas can be bought.

Does anyone know where I would contact to find out which ones he was entitled to? By his service he must have recieved the Atlantic, Meditteranean and Italy. He served with the SBS in the Aegean, as a Navy cook.

• Like 2

;)

Thanks Graeme, I looked at this after your earlier post. I believe Dennis would qualify for the War Medal, 39-45 Star, Atlantic Star and Italy Star at least. I'll get in touch with the Medal Office.

As I believe that the "stars" were not named I propose to buy them. I take it they are not expensive?

• Like 2

You should be able to pick them up for between £10 and £35. Cheapest will be the War Medal with the Atlantic Star weighing in at a hefty £30ish.

• Like 2

Hi Dave, we have all of them in stock

• Like 1

:D

Thanks Kenny. I'll check what he is entitled to and get in touch.

• Like 2

:D:lol:

Great news. Dennis's other daughter and husband have found his medals! They were in a box somewhere totally unexpected. A bit of good news for a WW2 vet.

I'll still contact the MO though as he may not have got all he was entitled to.

• Like 2