What are these?

noyes44

I recently purchased these items from a house clearance sale but have no idea what they are, though I'm guessing the one patch is a USAAF patch. Don't know from what unit though. The most interesting is the collection of small coloured glass pieces. They have the faces of famous Austrians and Germans engraved on them, one of which is Hitler. I'm guessing they were produced to celebrate the unification of Austria and germany in 1938, but I have no idea what they were for. Each piece is about 3cm long and has a very small hole at the top. Any information on these items would be great.

post-236-1276772222_thumb.jpg

post-236-1276772254_thumb.jpg

post-236-1276772295_thumb.jpg

post-236-1276772347_thumb.jpg

the air force patch is a standard US Army Air Force Patch from WWII, not designated for any specific unit.

The glass bits are interesting. I've seen similar in porcelain from Germany many times a manufacturer would make and release these as collective sets or commemorative sets to celebrate famous Germans of history.

The blue star patches look like Israeli military.

The last ones are Israeli. Very early ones though. Problem is there isn't much of a market for them.