km m42

David h

another nice example Dave ,KM's are getting a little harder to find these days :thumbsup:

• Like 1

:D

Nice helmet. Any history known?

• Like 1

sadly no history, the guy i got it from found it in his dads shed hanging from a piece of string as seen in pics attached to chinstrap,cheers Dave

• Like 1

Do you know if his dad or a relative served in the war?

• Like 1

Hi, i have no idea i got it a while ago from the guy after it got kicked off ebay for showing swastika, i never got anymore details , cheers Dave

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Looks like a nice stacked km decal.

Yes not bad. :smilie_tanz:

Recently seen a km ,sd helmet for sale for big money ,but oddly it was in mint condition.It had a bullet hole through it which suggests it was used in battle but i thought km helmets showed signs of wear as the sea air would rust them?pismo

helmet could have been shot at after the war , I know the GI's used to use them for target practice so maybe it was never issued hence the good condition.

• Like 1

I think your right kenny as this helmet was far to mint to have been used in the krigesmarine at sea ect.Pismo. ps by the way the m42 in question is a lovely example of a well used helmet in this sort of enviroment used by the km.