post-1671-1273147184_thumb.jpgpost-1671-1273147112_thumb.jpgI have this medal and know very little about the origin etc, i would like somebody to help me out and give me some information about this medal thank you.post-1671-1273083001_thumb.jpg

Hi Don, welcome to the forum , that's a very unusual medal I must admit I have not come across before , It looks like it is silver ,are there any makers marks or hallmarks on the back?

could you post a picture of the back? initially I thought if it was British it could be some sort of masonic medal, however these would usually be hallmarked, so it may be a foreign medal , picture is a little blurry ,is that a bird?

any body else got any ideas?

yes its abird i think it be sum sort of peace medal here is a few more pictures for you hopefuly more of assistance

Hi Don,

It is a British Free Masons medal,

Masonic - Royal Ark Mariner Members Breast Jewel.

thanks kenny for the imformation' did you manage to find any dates it would be from? I really apreciate all you have done for me. I have some other things I would like you to have alook at if you dont mind. once again thanks

Hi Don, sure no problem, it looks quite old I would say around the 1940's but hard to say for sure without a hallmark.

It is indeed a breast jewel of that illustrious order within freemasonary, some of the older jewels are worth money as they are of good quality, by chance is their a name and number on it if so let me know and i can trace it back for you.

ther is no name or number but i got it with a morning ring .john simpson died 29 jan 1861 aged 44 if that helps. thanks.

without the number it would be hard to track down as the number would indicate the lodge the recipiant belonged to, still it is a nice looking jewel.

:mellow:

I know that most freemasory stuff is worth money (God knows why). You could try taking it to the local Lodge in the first instance.

without the number it would be hard to track down as the number would indicate the lodge the recipiant belonged to, still it is a nice looking jewel.

thanks for your help mr. bridger

:mellow:

I know that most freemasory stuff is worth money (God knows why). You could try taking it to the local Lodge in the first instance.

thanks for that info dave . not botherd if worth money or not just wonted info on it been trying to for 7 years now and thanks to kenny and the bunker iv geting most ov it in 3to 4 days

Anybody know what that medal was awarded for ? or are we not allowed to say ?

Anybody know what that medal was awarded for ? or are we not allowed to say ?

i think its hush hush kenny hope not.

Do a simple google search for the order.... the Mason's are not even quite sure as no one knows when the order was founded or where. There is no head lodge and specifications vary between lodges for the ceremony and practice of the order. It is devoted to following Noah and the Great Flood. And also is a higher order of being a Mason.

http://www.freemasonrytoday.com/15/p07.php

http://www.hertsmark.org/mainpages/aboutram.htm

It is a past worshipfull commander noah's jewel presented to him after his term of office. freemasonary has a grand lodge in edinburgh who oversee the proceedings in all lodges in scotland, england also has a grand lodge in london. you also have two kinds of masonary york right and scottish right which can cause some confusion. there is plenty on the internet about it some true some false a good book to read is the hiram key which is near enough bang on as to what goes on within the lodge.

I was asked to join years ago but some of the ceremonies sounded a bit unusual to me , in the end I didn't get round to it, I think my grandfather was quite high up in it.