NSKK banner type badge?

RAF635SQ

Hi all, on a recent car boot sale trip I came home with the best haul of WW2 military yet. Amongst it was this small NSKK Nazi badge.....but it is rather odd.

The badge itself seems nice but its what it is mounted on that is odd, has anyone got any ideas of what this badge is?

post-319-1272189470_thumb.jpg

post-319-1272189525_thumb.jpg

post-319-1272189564_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like a car pennant. As the condition of an item that should be flapping around in all weather on the front of a car is, perfect. And the eagle is not as detailed as they could be, I'll leave it to the other experts to verify if it is authentic or not though.

Strange item as G says detail is not what you would usually expect, I take it the item is pretty small? what size is it?

I presume that is meant to be a Danish flag so the thought behind the badge is maybe a driving trip to Denmark which I suppose could be possible.

Is the badge easy to remove from the flag? If it's not don't try as those pins break very easily. A better first test would be to try to remove a small piece of thread where it won't be noticed and burn it to see if it burns or melts.

thanks guys, I wont even try to remove the badge as the thread looks very fragile and so do the pins, its very very small, so i will get a model and compare for scale tonight for you guys.

is the badge solid backed or hollow backed ? can you see any markings on it?

is the badge solid backed or hollow backed ? can you see any markings on it?

Its hollow, and not a trace no

Hi RAF,

detail is not as crisp as ones I have come across before but this could just be a manufacturers variation. What you have is an NSKK cap badge ,what it is doing on the little flag I have no idea, perhaps as I said before to mark a driving trip to Denmark,

badge looks OK but the only way to tell if the flag is contemporary is to do the burn test, most of the value would be in the badge anyway.

Hi RAF,

detail is not as crisp as ones I have come across before but this could just be a manufacturers variation. What you have is an NSKK cap badge ,what it is doing on the little flag I have no idea, perhaps as I said before to mark a driving trip to Denmark,

badge looks OK but the only way to tell if the flag is contemporary is to do the burn test, most of the value would be in the badge anyway.

will try a burn test ;)

the thread melted, is it possibly rayon as it also crushes once melted? if it is then it must be a very fine thin version

does it crush to ash or just crush to little pieces? if it's ash then it's probably OK

does it crush to ash or just crush to little pieces? if it's ash then it's probably OK

it just dissolves to be honest, but a tried a bigger bit and it was ash like yes

excellent it sounds period then :)