Auction Item

Graeme

There is an interesting auction coming up soon.

One of the items up for grabs is Steiner's Leather Jacket from The Eagle Has Landed.

post-11-1271916786_thumb.jpg

Bit of trivia here.The mill and house you see in Eagle Has Landed was used on the front cover of Black Sabbaths 1970 self titled debut album!

It was Mapledurham watermill on the River Thames in Oxfordshire and now a tourist attraction.

Looks good,

I remember years ago before I had the shop I bought a WW1 German Flying officers tunic ,the buttons were very new and I had big doubts about it.

It was the exact same as the one worn by George Peppard in the Blue Max.I spent hours fast forwarding and rewinding the film to get every exact view of the tunic opened and closed, to the point I was assured that it was the same tunic, so what did I do next?

As I had convinced myself the tunic was a film prop ,I took it back to the guy I bought it from told him it was fake and asked for my money back!!!

It was only £60 ,I'm 100% sure it was George Peppards !!!

Wish I had kept it now :tantrum:

Steve, we should go in for that new quiz on BBC2. Pointless. We are both filled with useless trivia. :D

There are a couple of WW1 German flying Tunics from the blue max in the auction as well.