My new stuff 2008 (1870/71, WW1 & WW2)

Hey folks,

sorry for beeing not here for the last time, but I got quite a lot of work to do and so I didn't had that much time for my hobby.

BUT, therefore I have some new interesting things I'ld like to show you...

The first one is a 2 award brooch with the "Kriegsgedenkmuenze 1870/71" with combat claps "Spicheren" (its a little french village about 30km from here) and the so called "Centermedaille" of the 100th aniversary of Wilhelm the Great.....

more things will follow in this tread....hope you'll enjoy

Chris

post-18-1201953481_thumb.jpg

post-18-1201953488_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That is fantastic!

I am rather facinated by the 1870/71 Franco Prussian War. It hinted at so many military changes for Europe that even having happened so fast it is a watershed in military history. The medals are great, I'm not a medal collector, but if I do get into it, that is where I am starting :-)

Hey folks,

sorry for beeing not here for the last time, but I got quite a lot of work to do and so I didn't had that much time for my hobby.

BUT, therefore I have some new interesting things I'ld like to show you...

The first one is a 2 award brooch with the "Kriegsgedenkmuenze 1870/71" with combat claps "Spicheren" (its a little french village about 30km from here) and the so called "Centermedaille" of the 100th aniversary of Wilhelm the Great.....

more things will follow in this tread....hope you'll enjoy

Chris

• Like 2

Hi Chris, I've had that pair in stock a few times, however I think mine had different clasps to your one, are there a few clasps available? what happened at "Spicheren" ?

• Like 1

Battle of Spicheren

The best book in English is an old one by Michael Howard put out in th 1970s titled 'The Franco Prussian War' pity there is not all that more else in English on it... maybe that should be my book project, haha

• Like 2

Cheers Greg,

very interesting I must admit I know very little about the Franco-Prussian War ,I recognise some of the battles too which were re fought during WW1 and 2. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

Battle of Spicheren

The best book in English is an old one by Michael Howard put out in th 1970s titled 'The Franco Prussian War' pity there is not all that more else in English on it... maybe that should be my book project, haha

I seem to recall buying a hardback book out of one of those cheap bookshops about the Franco-Prussian War. I think it also had details about the American Civil War as well. It was a very interesting read about a war that we know so little about in the UK but which had some far reaching repercussions.

• Like 2