Panzer IV etc

stewy

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Panzer IV is my favourite tank too , closely followed by the Tiger I ,what are everyone else's favourite tanks? :tank:

My favourite,alas i still don't have a pic of :( . Hetzers,as cool as fcuk! STuG's are cool too. This is a cool STuG pic. Stewy

post-65-1256780620_thumb.jpg

Very cool pic Stewy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks like a grey one too which are my fav camo too, any further info on this pic?

Hi folks,thanks for comments.

@ Kenny,i know it's francenot sure where.

@ Steve,yeah you're right it does give a perspective of size. No wonder they were so successfull as tank hunters. An extremely low profile. Stewy

:o;):D

Great pics!

The Panzer IV is an early Ausf B or C. It is followed by some Panzer II C.

The Panzer II is a C too (same unit?)

I like the kradmelder pic. Is the bike a DKW or R12? The unit is the second company of a motorised infantry regiment. (Panzer grenadier of the tanks?)

The Stug is an early Ausf A. The cover was often used to keep out rain which came in between the gun and superstructure.

All are consistent with the French campaign as is the architecture.

Panzers Vor!

:tank:

:violent-smiley-090:

BTW Dragon have produced kits of the Pz IVC and Stug Ausf. A. Tamiya have an all new kit out of the Pz. IIC.

Kenny stocks a good Panzer grey early Stug in the Forces of Valour range. I'm still trying to get through to Glasgow to pick mine up.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for info Dave,much appreciated. I knew the STuG was in France & i thought it was '40-'41. I've not had chance to dig photo out yet to see if it's written. But i will do. Stewy

I also like the guys looking out of the window in the LH building in the stug photo.

Small details like this give the impression of a snapshot in time.

lovely photos, i recently picked up a genuine photo of a Tiger in Russia