original postcard?

LACKIE14

i may have already posted this, have uploaded but it appears to have disappeared

is this original?

post-564-1249322708_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

not seen that one before don't remember you posting it, if you could post a picture of the back that would give us a better idea :thumbsup:

i couldn't have uploaded it first time, heres the rear

post-564-1249339259_thumb.jpg

i couldn't have uploaded it first time, heres the rear

that seems genuine to me ;) but i could be wrong

These things are reproduced however it looks OK to me too although it is just a propaganda postcard issued on mass and not obviously an original photo of Buchner.

i was hoping it was an original propaganda postcard, i understand these were mass produced, not much chance of getting an original buchner picture, i'll bring it in on saturday to the bunker to let you confirm for me if thats ok?

p.s thanks everyone for your comments

sounds good , it's the type of thing you really need to hold in your hand to be sure.

hi kenny further to your advice today, i've just found a dealer in the states who has the same card listed along with one of

SS-Haupsturmfuhrer Macher, i'm going to ask him if he give me the dimensions and both the light test to let me know what happens. he states on his site they are original it will be interesting to know what happens

post-564-1249764105_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Best bet is just to ask for the dimensions first to see if they match yours then go back again and ask about the light test after you have that information otherwise I have a feeling his reply might be "sorry it's been sold" As you say it will be interesting to see what happens :)

still waiting for reply from american dealer, have found another on a german sight i will ask him for dimensions.

have you heard of flat stock before on postcrd listings?

Hi Alex, no I have not heard of that term before ,not even sure what it would mean?

when i was reading the listing it said that the card was mass produced on flat stock, thought that this was a term for a production method, who knows still no reply, funny how these dealers advertise their stock but won't answer simply questions.

Still no idea what that would mean :huh: You would be surprised how many dealers I know who simply don't answer their emails unless they are getting a sale OK if they are on holiday but otherwise I think it's pretty rude, hope you hear from him soon.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got an answer today from an american dealer selling the same type of card the sizes are correct

just need to wait to find out if he will answer my email regarding the light test.

this card is of Hans Joachim Marseille, apparently was one of the highest scoring Luftwaffe fighter pilots at the time of his death in 1942

post-564-1251070723_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

have just had reply from the dealer above in regards to the postcard

this is his reply

Good morning,

I'm not sure what that will accomplish with a photograph? Black light tests are used to identify UV florescence in white dies used in making clothes produced after about 1950. The photo is definitely original, as is the signature.

what do you think kenny? it makes you wonder what sort of dealer wouldn't consider the test or isn't aware of using it on photographs.

Yes he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, UV light is very useful for paper work ,we use it all the time to detect fake banknotes. I wonder if his picture glows ? he does not seem very inclined to tell us :huh:

wow! I hope at that price it doesn't glow :D

i'm going to stop talking about this i must be boring you to death

final word on this topic

ps i'm just amazed when looking at his site,militaria dealer yet doesn't use the light test for paperwork?