Box of German Badges

Greg

So my mother in law last year took over a successful antiques business complete with full stock in Germany. She knew she had a box of various WWII German medals and badges in the shop but mainly sells furniture and porcelain. She also knows I am not a huge badge collector so never thought to mention them to me nor ask me what they were. During a slow business period some guy came into the shop and through discussion she mentioned the badges. He was intrigued and to at least make some small sale figured they could not be worth much and sold them for a a few dozen Euro....

*bang head here and cry* :giljotiini:

PS... dear mother in law has had a stern warning from me not to ever dare try something as such ever again before I have a chance to inspect everything.

so thats where my Dad bought those medels from! :hapy0002: I bet you are a bit annoyed at the moment! :mad:

So my mother in law last year took over a successful antiques business complete with full stock in Germany. She knew she had a box of various WWII German medals and badges in the shop but mainly sells furniture and porcelain. She also knows I am not a huge badge collector so never thought to mention them to me nor ask me what they were. During a slow business period some guy came into the shop and through discussion she mentioned the badges. He was intrigued and to at least make some small sale figured they could not be worth much and sold them for a a few dozen Euro....

*bang head here and cry* :giljotiini:

PS... dear mother in law has had a stern warning from me not to ever dare try something as such ever again before I have a chance to inspect everything.

Ahh, we've all been there -my dad for example , sold some rare ( not that he realised it at the time ) Matchbox cars and trucks etc that he had had as a kid - and made a loss of about £1000 !!! :o:D

My uncle gave Rommel's Binoculars and Crystal Decanter with crossed battons to his next door neighbour for doing his garden! :tantrum::taz::tantrum: