Law regarding sending de-acts overseas

I have a customer who would like me to send a de-act Webley from Scotland to Southern Ireland.

Does anybody know if this is Legal? I have contacted the British Home Office ,they said contact Ireland I contacted Ireland they did not know, also tried Gun Trade Association, Birmingham and London proof houses but nobody seems to know.

Also have a customer in Greece wanting another , is there a website or any other source which can tell me which countries de-acts can be sent to?

So far all I have been able to find out is we can't send them to the US.

Look forward to any input on this as it's driving me mad.

Complete gamble... one dealer online states they WILL ship to N Ireland or Ireland via registered Parcel Force. They will NOT ship to the EU though.

I know of nothing stopping you but the buyer should be aware of any laws in their home country regarding deacts and if a UK deact is legal for them or not. I would assume a UK deact certificate may not be considered legal in other countries and also that different countries have different deact standards.

The buyer would need to take responsibility for the above. However, you still are completely at the mercy of customs who would almost certainly stop and inspect the package. If seized or sent back to you, you have your answer.

Basic reply is... Kenny you need to come up with your own policy on this and refine through trial & error.

Cheers Greg, :thumbsup:

I was trying to find this info all day yesterday and getting no where, the Irish Government didn't even know what a de-activated gun was :o

This is very helpful indeed , will update the website with the new info ,I guess if they can send to Ireland we can too.

If you can find a list of any other countries we can send to please add it here , but from above it looks like it could just be Ireland.

It is probably best not to get embroiled as you don't want to get named as a gun runner!

You could go for a import/export license for weapons but that is time and money. UK Border Authority would be the only ones to know anything, but that is on the UK side and not destination country. Within the EU, good luck with what the different countries state as they all have different laws. The US I wouldn't send to just bc of the anti-terrorism increase in postal monitoring but should not be a problem because a deact in the states is seen as junk and you can get the real thing cheaper.