WW2 Era Mauser HSc Pistol

Here is my Mauser HSc pistol, the HSc stood for: Hahn Selbstspanner or self-coking hammer pistol. While originally developed as a commercial pistol, it was incorporated into military service once war broke out. In late 1940 these went into production with serial numbers beginning at 700,000, which was a carryover of the previous model, the Mauser 1934 pistol. Early models had a more refined appearance and high-quality machining, naturally as the war progressed the quality decreased. The initial batch of pistols went the German Navy, and afterwards the Army got the bulk (54%), followed by other organizations. This model is the 3rd variation which has the acceptance mark of an Eagle/135 which stood for weapons produced at Mauser Werke AG, Oberndorf am Neckar, Germany. The pistol has all matching numbers and was produced in early 1942. It also has the Eagle/N proofs in the correct locations. 

The pistol is 6 inches long and weighs 1.9 pounds unloaded. it fired a 7.65mm semi cased cartridge or .32 ACP. After the war, the Mauser factory at Obendorf was in the French occupation area, and production resumed in 1945 to 1946 for French units in Indochina. Overall production ran until 1977 in which these were supplied to German police forces and to commercial markets. Just a side note, this was the first WW2 pistol I got my hands on a long time ago. 

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7261.JPG

IMG_7273.JPG

IMG_7264.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7266.JPG

IMG_7271.JPG

IMG_7276.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

• Like 2

Nice pistol, what a shame the new laws in Europe prevent collectors purchasing or owning even deactivated examples.

• Sad 2