MAS 36 cartouche

I have a G -block MAS 36 that is all matching (even furniture...)

"G" + serial number on sling side,  However, No  Manufacture D armes St Etienne cartouche on the other.....

Is this a reproduction or sanded off for other reasons...?

Thanks

KG(RVA)

• Like 3

Well it is difficult to tell without a photo of the stock finish or the stock. Was the stock replaced or refinished? Does the color and wear patterns match on the stock pieces? Some roundels were stamped very light and wore off with use, some  buttstocks were damaged and replaced. The roundel was not remarked.  Some rifles were repaired and the stock refinished and not restamped.  Is the serial number still on the buttstock? Does it match the rifle?  Does the rifle still have its black paint or has it been rebuilt?  Does it have a parkerized finish or the original black paint?  Is the stock a very dark well used wood or a newer replacement.  Does the rifle have a U.S.  import mark ? Is it a  WW II bring Back ? Any German markings, possible Vietnam use?

Without photos or info. My guess is a stock buttstock replacement occurred due to damage or the roundel has worn off if the wood matches, has lots of patina & wear, and has the correct badly worn serial number stamp on the buttstock.  More than a few Mas 36s are missing the roundel.   For some reason most were very lightly stamped. 

• Like 3

I assume you reviewed this old post🫣 Lots of pics of my junkers.

More interesting information on the serial number...

https://www.gunboards.com/threads/collective-survey-of-the-mas-mle-1936-acceptance-and-modification-chronologies.277276/

• Like 2

You might like this general information:

I hope this helps and welcome to this forum. I'd love to see some photos of your rifle.

• Like 3