WW1 Military Cross Medal Group.

leon21

Here are images of a Military Cross Medal Group up for auction this Wednesday at Boldon Auctions near were

I Live. The Medals to Captain G.E. Stephenson a medical officer also comes with his Greycoat, his canvas medical

bag containing an unused tin of Anti-Gas Ointment Tubes No 3A. Guide Price £300 - £500.

Images from other sources.

220_13.jpg

220_37.jpg

220_36.jpg

220_23.jpg

• Like 5

A really nice group of medals and accompanying photographs (I guess they'd sell for more than the £300 - £500 auction estimate?).

I think(?) this his Military Cross gazette entry from the London Gazette, dated 16 September, 1918.

London Gazette 16 Sept. 1918.png

• Like 4

A single military cross would cost around 1000 GBP nowadays.
Second note: Just looking for this award in the net, some sales results show, 400-500 and even less,
there are also French made examples.

• Like 4

I'm a little out of touch with most prices these days, trying to gradually catch up. (Only ever owned one MC medal group, TBH).

But yes, a group like that with all the accompanying bits & bobs, it's always going to be desirable, and rightly so. Original accompanying photographs are such bonus as well, it's always great to know the face, as well as the story behind the medals.

• Like 4

No, you are quite right about the prices. I had imagined it would bring much more, but even a military medal can cost more.

• Like 4