Family history

Marko Zalad

Greetings I am new to the Forum, I have only recently discovered that my Oppa was holder of the Iron Cross 2 nd Class awarded in 1918, he was a private in the Heide Regiment Nr77 Hanoverian and Braunschweig infantry . I came into possession of his Wehrpass last year and contacted my last surviving Uncle who has given me Oppas Iron Cross. I would like to know how I can get his citation if possible. Great Uncle Oberleutnent Karl Prusse also was awarded the Iron Cross , he served in the same Regiment. In Addition my late Uncle Heinrich Prusse was an Unterscharfuhrer in the LSAH, he was awarded Iron Coss 2 nd Class,Nahkamph spanger,and Verwundertet Abszeichen Kharkov Pocket.again will the Bundestag Archive have his citations. His medals were lost when he was captured but I would like to get copies for my family history. He was Taken POW in Denmark September 1944 I think by Royal Marine Raiding party, or possibly Partizans and shipped to England. My uncle also has a copy of the Regimental History 1914 to 1918. That’s coming my way eventually.I have included pics of Oppas Medal and pages from his Wehrpass.

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

nice Wehrpass, unfortunately the Iron cross is not original 

• Like 3

I don’t believe itwas not the original one, did Oppa have it made by the Same company which made his Origional Iron Cross?

• Like 3

probably just bought as a replacement, it's a relatively new Chinese copy 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The paint on the cross is very odd and looks new. It doesn't have traces of patina and the frame looks weird. It may be a replacement from China or Poland.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1