American medals

Kenny why dont you sell American medals?

im not talking about the restrikes that you see on ebay selling for £5,

im talking about genuine ww2, Korea war, Vietnam war medals,

the old ones with the slot brooch at the back, some are even named.

Im fed up with third reich medals and British medals!

• Like 1

Hi LP ,

we actually do sell US medals it's just we always have such a backlog of items to put on the site and as we try to prioritise the German stuff by the time we get round to the US stuff it's usually already sold in the shop.

I don't have anything at the moment but if I do get it I'll try to post it here , we had a lovely WW2 cased Purple heart last month with the owners details.

Glad to hear someone else interested in the Vietnam era stuff. Although renowned for my crap photographic skills I will attempt to post a few pics of my bits and bobs from this era. Met a few nam vets a few years ago when I was in the states which sparked my interest. Must have read every autobiography written for this war so no FNG me!

• Like 1

Here goes with the photos. Before the usual pedant points out some objects are not medals or badges but who really cares? Some American medals, SVA dog tag, NVA/vc badges. Rather saucy propoganda leaflet which would make me defect, souvenir key ring and ?VC engraved lighter.

post-41-1238616756_thumb.jpg

post-41-1238616828_thumb.jpg

post-41-1238616902_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Dog Tags are great because they are SVA and not US... does not look like the lighter is a Zippo, else value would go well up... still a fantastic group.

My Father was there for a year, volunteered for the Air Force and spent his time in Bien Hoa as a Jet Engine Mechanic. Made it up to Staff Seargent, mainly working on F100s. When he was there Bien Hoa was still ramping up to become a major ops base. The B57s that had been stationed there had recently all blown up in a massive incident and were being swapped out for fighters. More importantly the base was highly 'secret' at the time as the CIA was operating U2s out of the facility. He has lots of stories of watching the 'spooks' fly in and out of the air base... and how officially, what they saw they were not seeing.

I've got all sorts of his stuff back home, though he won't let me handle his Uniform yet, sadly it is collecting dust and moths in the attic.

• Like 1

It would be great to get his uniform Greg, did he take any photos when he was there?

Plenty of photos and some old Super 8 Video... one day I'll get it all digitized....

• Like 1

If you can get hold of the pictures it would be really good to see some of them :thumbsup: