Forces Of Valour Elephant

Dave

post-34-1235722778_thumb.jpgpost-34-1235722831_thumb.jpg

post-34-1235722888_thumb.jpgpost-34-1235722692_thumb.jpg

:D:lol::P

Got this from Kenny a few weeks ago. A nice model of this giant vehicle. I noticed that it was not as heavy as I would have thought, they must be using less metal in the construction. I know the price of Zinc used in die cast is hitting the roof.

The Dunkelgelb is a bit dark and I wish modellers would stop painting the muzzle brake black!!!!!! They didn't use black powder in WW2! A slight grey staining is all you would see after prelonged firing. I'll repaint this later. Have stuck the tracks to the road wheels though.

They didn't have any figures with this one. I like their figures as they have good poses. Another cost cutting measure I supose to keep it to a penny under £40.

im hoping to get one of these to go against my shermans in my italian diorama.

:D:lol:;)

This version is spot on for Italy! Pity there are no markings supplied.

The Shermans should give it some target practice! :snipersmilie:

:D:lol:;)

This version is spot on for Italy! Pity there are no markings supplied.

The Shermans should give it some target practice! :snipersmilie:

The only thing the Sherman ever had going for it was pure numbers.... though the Firefly version is pretty sweet, leave it to the brits to change the turret though :lol:

:o;):P

To be fair the Sherman was never designed to be a tank killer. That was up to the Tank Destroyer units. Same doctrine in the German army. The panzerjagers were meant to take care of tanks.

Shermans were relaible, fast, easily maintained and easy to make. They became outgunned by some of the later German vehicles.

Yes the Brits provided the gun answer and how to mount it. :snipersmilie:

The sherman was good.And by time it was firefly it easily matched German tigers and Panthers.Dont forget the firefly that single handedly destroyed four Panthers in France and the rest of the German armour bottled it and pulled back.The sherman commander won a vc.Ive seen it in the Yorkshire museum

• 3 weeks later...