Small size NSDAP supporters badge

Ian_Kel

A tentative and first collecting purchase after a break of a good few years. A small sized NSDAP party badge, 17mm diameter. I guess pre-1935(ish?).

It's not something I've collected in the past (NSDAP stuff) and may not ever buy another NSDAP related item, but hey-ho, I had to re-start collecting somewhere.

NSPAD_Obverse.jpg

NSDAP_reverse.jpg

• Like 4

Yes Ian, it's an early sympathizer's badge, these allowed non members to show their support as only NSDAP members could purchase the official badges.  

• Like 4

Thanks Kenny.

I quite liked it when I saw it. The swastika's not perfectly centred, not quite floating and not quite anchored to the circular border, it's imperfect (which would normally be a bit off-putting).

I wonder if the company ever got its RZM code number?

• Like 4

Probably did, but I don't think there is anyway to work out which one it was, something else lost in the mists of time. 

• Like 4

Later everything was standardised and marked RZM, this one would not have made the grade.

• Like 4

Aye, there's little chance this badge would pass acceptable later standards.

It's been interesting looking again at Militaria after a break of a few years, how things have changed over just a few shortish years. The internet's changed everything, I mean pretty much everything. No more subscribing to dealers printed lists and awaiting for them to drop through your letterbox with the briefest of typed descriptions, no idea of what the item really looks like 'till it arrived through the post. It's like even the humblest of badges or tinnie is well photographed from all angles on dealers sites these days.

Bigger prices for rarer things obviously but overall it looks a much better place for collectors than in the past.

• Like 4

Yes and how many of those items on dealers lists were actually real? Something they could not get away with now. I remember when I was at school the first item I bought from a postal sales catalogue was an Allgemeine SS officers cap, it took ages to arrive and I was so excited about getting it I was actually dreaming about it,  when it arrived it was an old bus conductors cap with fake badges on it :D        

• Like 4

I know, then the hassle of having to return something and hope the dealer was in the mood to give a hassle-free refund.

Your shop, and a good few other dealers were never a problem, reputation meant more than a quick crooked buck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

NSPAD_Obverse.jpg

Still a very nice badge.

• Like 4