Close Combat Clasp

noyes44

Hi everyone. If you've read my other entries on the forum you'll know I'm new to collecting militaria. My dad found out about my new hobby recently and gave me a German badge he'd obtained a few years ago during a house clearance sale. The house had belonged to an old WWII veteran so I'm guessing he brought it back from the war. As you can see it's a bronze close combat clasp. Unfortunately, the magnetic square is missing from the back and there aren't any makers marks on it. Not that I'm going to sell it but would anyone know how much it's worth?

post-236-1234997287_thumb.jpg

post-236-1234997337_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Robin,

it's a hard one to price ,if it had it's backing plate it would be worth in the region of £225 again when something is missing it does tend to make it less desirable but as it was a gift and you intend to keep it then I would say probably in the region of £125 maybe a bit more as it does seem to have allot of it's bronze finish remaining. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow! £125 is still alot. That makes it the most expensive piece I have in my fledgling collection. I'm guessing they're pretty rare in that case. How much would a gold clasp be worth then?

• Like 1

Wow! £125 is still alot. That makes it the most expensive piece I have in my fledgling collection. I'm guessing they're pretty rare in that case. How much would a gold clasp be worth then?

Cheapest i've seen,that ain't ground dug is $600. Virtually no finish left though. Top quality golds are $3000+. All personal choice though,my silver was cheaper than my bronze but my bronze is mint & blue back plate variant. Stewy

• Like 1