Iron Cross WW2 First Class - Fake?

Robert1970

Hi all,

I'm new to this. I believe this to be a copy. My concerns- 1) The swastika doesn't appear right 2) There is some black paint overspill showing on the silver 3) The reverse side doesn't seem like others I have seen on the net .   However on a more positive note it is magnetic and there is makers mark 'B'-(I think it's a 'B') - but I cannot find 'B' listed anywhere. Also the box appears original/ dated.  What do you think? Fake or original? Your comments would be appreciated.  Thank you.  Robert

ww2 05.jpg

WW2 01.jpg

WW2 04.jpg

WW2 02.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Robert, really hard to say with these pictures. Could you take a close up of the maker mark, the picture you posted seems to be upside down. It looks like an L15? It should have an L then a number but not a B 

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll upload a clearer image of the reverse side with the maker's mark tomorrow after I've returned to the shop.  NB- In the meantime I have included a further 2 images that may or may not help any.

WW2 09.jpg

WW2 03.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Robert, I thought it looked like an L15 cross, unfortunately L15 is a Johanes Floch fake cross put together post-war. All Iron Crosses marked L15 instead of L/15 are considered post-war, I would pass on this one. 

• Like 3

Thanks Kenny for your prompt reply. I'll keep searching for the real deal via your online store and local auctions/ shops near to me. NB- Interesting read on your Uncles by the way. Cheers

• Like 3

Thanks Robert, glad I could help 

• Like 2