Who is this German General?

Kenny Andrew

Yes I think it is Keitel although I was unable to find any visits by Keitel to Gomel or Belarus, mind you it's amazing how much information is not on the net.

The one sure way to find out is to verify that only 2 Army Field Marchalls were awarded the gold Party badge, and in fact that is a gold party badge but I'm pretty sure it is ,the only other award to be worn there would be the bar to the Iron Cross and it has a more distinctive eagle shape not round like the party badge.It's not a spot on the photo either as the Iron Cross is worn further down the pocket so there is definitely another award above.

What a way to spend your Saturday night looking at hundreds of pictures of Generals,it certainly was "Night of the Generals" for me :D but I think we have got it.

Cheers for narrowing the field down Greg :thumbsup:

• Like 2

If it's Keitel the nose should be brown as he had it so much up Hitler's @rs@!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
One of our customers just brought in his uncles photographs from the Eastern front, France and Poland, really good very similar to Eric's ,one of them features a General or Fieldmarchall any one any idea who it is?

hello all.

Watched a programe this morning might throw abit of light on this.It was a programme on the discovery channel about PAULUS. There was a scene in the programme of Paulus joining the SIXTH ARMY.

The scene is very alike of what is in the picture.This is what drew my attention the arrangement of medals on his left side is very alike with the picture though this is proably the same on them all.

If anyone get a chance to see and record the programme look at the set up of his staff meeting the general and the arrangement of the staff cars too.[i LEFT IT TOO LATE TO RECORD IT THIS TIME BUT IT WILL BE REPEATED AGAIN IM SURE

A FIRST I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ROMMEL.]

• Like 3

• 7 years later...

Gomel was a place in Russia, lot of fighting there, I believe 1943. The officer can hardly be identified. I am almost inclined to think it could be Model.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not Model, IMO too young to be him. He's wearing a KC but I'm not sure who it could be. Stewy

• Like 3

under Wikipedia is a long list of all the bearers of the:
Kategorie:Träger des Goldenen Parteiabzeichens der NSDAP
Seiten in der Kategorie „Träger des Goldenen Parteiabzeichens der NSDAP“
(Es werden insgesamt 272 Seiten in dieser Kategorie angezeigt).
- a long list, if anyone is inclined to work his way through it. However, I don*t think it was Keitel - Keitel was more corpulent than the General shown - the person in the photo is tall and almost athletic. The vehicle numberplate whould normally start with WH for all Heer vehicles, WL for the Luftwaffe, etc.

• Like 3

...here is a photo of Model in Russia, he has a more elegant appearance with "waist", something like in the queried photo, but is not wearing any party badge...???

He was more of a "Soldier's General" and a "hands on man", often at the front, not like Keitel and a few others.

post-173-0-87309600-1467463166_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Model's wearing a wound badge in your pic Paul. The officer in the first pic isn't. Just an observation, timeline is all important regarding the pic. Stewy

• Like 3

I realise that. Still a puzzle.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Possibly Feodor von Bock

• Like 2