Images from the German Federal Archive by year

david f

Hi guys,

I was sent a link for this site and thought that you might like to see.

It is an amazing collection of German history.

I have spent hours saving the pictures to my computer.

German Piccies

Excellent pictures Dave, the Panzers are great , good to see you back :thumbsup:

Excellent pictures Dave, the Panzers are great , good to see you back :thumbsup:

Take a look at the link.I was on for 2 hours last night and only made it through 1939-1940.Thousands of pictures to look at .

I will post some more up later today to give people a taste of just what is online and free.

Might use it as a reference .

I wonder just how many will turn up on e bay as originals though <_<

Hi Dave, I had a quick look at the link last night but it was late, it looks very good, if you see any panzer photos post them up I know Dave Garden is looking for pictures of the basic Panzer variants for the book so we might be able to use them.Well done for spotting these :thumbsup:

it is my plan to go through the site and get as many pics as i can.

If anyone has any requests then please get them in and i'll see what i can do

excellent Dave plenty of panzers there thanks , unfortunatley Dave is on holiday in France just now I'm sure he will have some requests when he gets back ,in the meantime any panzer pics from the eastern front would be great, also if you see any close ups of soldiers wearing tank destruction badges too would be great :thumbsup:

The WW1 photos are fantastic. The guys in the trench seem to be storm troopers based upon the grenade slings around their chests as this was common on such troops. The one with the attachment to the front of the helmet is very interesting.