SA Rhom Honour dagger

Dave

:o

I saw a post on another website where a guy claimed to have a Rhom honour dagger that had the SS motto "Meine Ehre heist True" instead of the SA Motto "Alles fur Deutsland". He posted pics and the dagger had the usual brown wood handle, SA eagle and brown painted scabbard. The Rhom inscription had been ground off in the normal way.

He claimed that daggers like this were given as gifts by Rhom to members of the SS.

Anyone heard of this? Is it a post war fantasy or has he swapped the blade of an SS dagger for the photo? You can't see both sides of the blade at once.

Please excuse the German spellings!

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

yes this is an SS Rohm dagger we had one a couple of months ago , ours still had the motto intact although Rohms name had been erased.Ours was black like a standard SS dagger with SS runes through, not brown for SA.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
:kopkrab: Yes, I would have thought a black handle more appropriate. The brown one made me supect the dagger. It would have made the SS owner look like he was weraing an SA dagger. Strange if true!
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi Dave, here is the SS Rohm dagger I mentioned above , we just bought it back from the customer we sold it to, and have just sold it again :)

After reading your post again the dagger you saw does sound suspect as SA Rohm honour daggers would have Alles fur Deutsland only SS ones like ours would have Meine Ehre heist True.

1737a.jpg

1737c.jpg

• Like 2