Woolies

Dave

:huh::(:angry:

Do others share my sadness about the end(?) of Woolies?

Fondly remembered in childhood as a supplier of Military toys and models. The forerunner of Treasure Bunker? I was introduced to Airfix OO/HO figures in the Dalkeith branch. Edinburgh Princess St. sold American Auora and Monogram kits. It's where I learned that the Japs had tanks. :tank: And of course the "pic n' mix" :smilie_tanz:

Later a source of music and the "Woolies" girls were dead certs. :thumbsup: "Pic n' mix 2" :smilie_tanz:

Yes RIP. When I feast and drink at the right hand of Odin in the Great Hall of Valhalla I am sure that some of the Wenches will be "Woolies Girls" :hapy0002:

Yes I am off work with a severe Viral illness. Now off to deal with the T-34s coming through the walls! :doa14:

Dave. :violent-smiley-090:

MFI gone today too , Bradford and Bingley, Bank of Scotland , strange days indeed! :o

HI ALL,

HOPE WOOLIES CAN SURVIE LIKE OTHERS LOVED GOING TO IT FOR KITS MY GRAN USED TO TAKE ME AND GET KITS OR BRING ME STUFF BACK.

I WORKED FOR MFI FOR 10 YRS AND IT WAS A DECENT JOB GOOD MONEY ETC, BUT ALOT OF US COULD SEE A CHANGE COMING WHEN THINGS CHANGED OVER HERE.

MORE AND MORE COMPANIES OFFERING SIMILAR ITEMS CAME ACROSS AND SETUP. WE DONT HAVE THE POPULATION TO SUSTAIN THAT TYPE OF GROWTH HERE AND THE CREDIT SLUMP DIDNT HELP.

BUT SURE THE BANKERS AND THEIR CRONIES WHO BROUGHT THIS ON US WILL HAVE A GOOD XMAS, SORRY TO GO ON BUT I FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WILL SUFFER, WE ALL COULD END UP IN THEIR,.

Don't forget the politicians ,it was them who let the bankers get away with it , lack of regulation and now we are all having to pay for it!

HI

Yes must not forget about them,will they come to the rescue of woolies and mfi i don't think so,anyway a debate for another day,

<_<^_^;)

I'll just add my previous advice on this forum for politicians and now for B(w)ankers - a lot of rope and plenty lamposts!

:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It is sad about woollies. I did have fond memories of them. But let's face it they didn't move with the times. Woollies used to be the place to go to buy cheap items and singles.

No-one buys singles any more and the last time I was in woollies they weren't exactly cheap.

What i didn't have fond memories of was MFI flat pack furniture. God I hated that stuff.

Instructions that you couldn't understand and ill fitting pieces. Thank god for the Swedes.