German Subchaser/Minesweeper Badge

Herr_Petomer

Hi there guys.

Picked this German badge at an Antique fair in Edinburgh. It cost me £20.

I was hoping you guys would be able top help me with deciding if it is an origianl and if so how much is it worth.

P1000807.jpg

P1000808.jpg

P1000809.jpg

P1000810.jpg

P1000811.jpg

P1000812.jpg

P1000813.jpg

P1000814.jpg

P1000815.jpg

Thanks guys

Hello Herr Petomer :) welcome to the forum,

always hard to tell from a photo but without holding it in my hand to be 100% sure I would say it does look OK.

As for value ,hard to say because of the condition ,if it had all it's finish and the pin then it would be quite desirable as horizontal versions are harder to find.

For £20 you certainly have not been ripped of , to the right person I think maybe worth about £30- £50 if complete about four times that.

I'm away for the weekend now but Stewy is very good on badges we will see what he says.

cheers Kenny :thumbsup:

Hello Herr Petomer :) welcome to the forum,

always hard to tell from a photo but without holding it in my hand to be 100% sure I would say it does look OK.

As for value ,hard to say because of the condition ,if it had all it's finish and the pin then it would be quite desirable as horizontal versions are harder to find.

For £20 you certainly have not been ripped of , to the right person I think maybe worth about £30- £50 if complete about four times that.

I'm away for the weekend now but Stewy is very good on badges we will see what he says.

cheers Kenny :thumbsup:

Ah yes, i understand having the actualy badge in the hand is alot better than photos. I will in glasgow during the week so I will pop in hopefully and let the guys have a look at it and and see what they think.

When i bought the badge. it wasn't being sold at a dealer it was just and odd item with alot of random nonesence and for £20 i thought ach why not. No harm done but to know now that it could possibly be genuine I am rather chuffed but il hopefully be able to bring it in and let them deicde.

Thanks for your help Ken!

Peter

:P:lol::D

Hi HP, glad to hear someone's got a bargain for once.

IMHO it looks ok from the photo.

Kenny should give it a positive ID when you bring it in the shop. :thumbsup:

Hi Peter,from here it looks good. The design could be Schwerin,i'm not big on K/M badges. But i do know it's better than my buggered example,i'll dig it out & post it. Stewy

Thanks for all the help guys. From the sounds of things I certainly did get a good wee bargain :D

That would be great to see your badge.

Thanks!

Ah yes. Yours has the vertical pin. Atleast yours has the pin intact! very nice badge even without the finish. How much did that cost you?

Pete

Ah yes. Yours has the vertical pin. Atleast yours has the pin intact! very nice badge even without the finish. How much did that cost you?

Pete

$55 + P&P,when the £ was strong :huh:. Stewy

No problem Pete, yes best bet is to pop in with it and I can tell you for sure :thumbsup: