SS Marder self-propelled gun & other vehicles

stewy

:D:lol::o

Cracking photos Stewy!

I have seen several photos where the gun on a vehicle is wrapped in straw. I presume this was to protect it from the extreme cold on the Ostfront. If not protected this would make first or second shots unreliable.

The tank one is a cracker and the SS motorcyclists is an early shot in Poland as the SS prefix was removed from vehicle plates as the Germans did not want to acknowledge "Political" troops. Uniform collar patches and armbands were removed or covered also.

Anyone know if there is anyway to get rid of the brown staining on photos or their scans? :kopkrab:

:tank:

The m/cycle is a stolen/commandeered civvy bike. I thought the same of the straw sleeve,i wondered if it was to stop the barrell exploding if cold on firing the first round of the day. You know where the pics are Dave should you need any of them. Stewy

You can remove stains with photoshop or other good photo editing software if you know what you are doing.

All those photos are simply great