Airfix Toys

sven58

Hi Kenny,i have several RK's but not a PAB :( . Stewy

HELLO ALL.

JUST A COUPLE OF ITEMS TO SHARE WITH YOU'S. FIRST FOUND THIS BADGE AFEW YEARS AGO.I THINK IT IS AN ASSAULT BADGE DONT KNOW IF IT IS A REPRO'. IT HAS A GOOD WEIGHT TO IT NOT TINNY IN ANY WAY THE CLASP ON THE BACK IS SOLID ANYONE ANY IDEAS.

THE OTHER ABIT OF CHILDHOOD MEMORIES REMEMBER BUYING ONE OF THESE WITH A COASTAL DEFENCE ENPLACEMENT AND AIRFIX SOLDIERS. WAS AT A BOOTSALE FEW WEEKS AGO AND THIS AND A COASTAL ENPLACEMENT THE ENPLACEMENT WAS ABIT BATTERED BUT COULDNT RESIST BUYING THEM WELL FOR A POUND WHO COULDN'T.

THE BOX TOY IS PROABLY FROM THE 70'S. NOT TO MANY THINGS WITH THE TAG MADE IN ENGLAND ON THEM NOW.HOPE YOU ENJOY MY POST CHEERS FOR NOW.P.S. SORRY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF PICS

post-97-1226790339_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790395_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790417_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790434_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790451_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790473_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790612_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790635_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790653_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790667_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790703_thumb.jpg

post-97-1226790739_thumb.jpg

Hi Sven,

thanks for posting , the badge is a General Assault Badge unfortunately its a copy but the Duck is great I remember buying these too in the 70's probably one of my first toys.I had the gun emplacement too , I think you got a Churchill tank and lots of soldiers, Commandos I think. If I saw that for sale for a £1 I would jump at it.Any pictures of it? :thumbsup:

:lol::o:P

Hi Sven,

Yes the Airfix brand brings back memories to many. I'm sure lots of people got hooked on military history through them.

I remember asking my father in the woolworth's in Dalkeith what the "Africa Corpse" were :kopkrab:

I particularly like the old kits in the clear poly bags.

Dave.

Had a plastic gun emplacement set as a kid myself. Delighted when my son asked me to get him one last year. The set hasnt changed a bit I am glad to say right down to the ariel getting bent when you put it back in the box as everone forget to take it off the comms hut when packing it away.

post-41-1226834673_thumb.jpg

Hi Sven,

thanks for posting , the badge is a General Assault Badge unfortunately its a copy but the Duck is great I remember buying these too in the 70's probably one of my first toys.I had the gun emplacement too , I think you got a Churchill tank and lots of soldiers, Commandos I think. If I saw that for sale for a £1 I would jump at it.Any pictures of it? :thumbsup:

hello,Thanks for the input on the badge,i post pics of the emplacement it needs cleaned up who ever had it tryed to paint camo on it. yes airfix has alot to answer for setting us on the road to ruin :D A road that has done us no harm.i post pics of it later cheers for now.

hello all

night off so posting the pics i promised,one thing i said it was a gun emplacement sorry i meant coastal defence fort i was thinking of that when i posted.as you can see from the pics some one tried to iant camo on it, i will in time try to clean it off but i think re painting it would be better.The figures are just some of what came with it.

post-97-1227126448_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126524_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126558_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126575_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126591_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126617_thumb.jpg

post-97-1227126653_thumb.jpg

Brilliant little set, dare I say I wish I had one when young!

If the paint is basic model paint you should get it off with simple nail polish remover. Painting it might take away some of the detail and could take the value down... if you are watching that

:lol::D:P

Brings back memories!

As it has been re-realised I don't think it is of much value. Toy and Model Dealers put sometimes high prices on Airfix stuff but don't seem to want to buy them for any real money. Unless the item is a scarce early issue it is not worth much and even then sell it privately to an enthusiast.

:00009176:

Are Airfix still going ? I thought they had gone down again? I still want that coastal defence set .I used to have a pontoon bridge too :D

HI;

DON'T KNOW IF AIRFIX ARE STILL GOING I THOUGHT THEY HAD CLOSED DOWN TOO. I KNOW YOU CAN STILL GET THEIR STUFF PLENTY OF IT ABOUT AND ITS WAS NOT BAD STUFF TO BUY AT A REASONABLE PRICE.IF THEIR STUFF IS STILL PRODUCED ITS PROABLY FROM SOME FACTORY IN CHINA :angry:

SOME OFF THE PRICES YOUR ARE ASKED TO PAY FOR KITS ARE MAD AND NOT OF THE BEST QUALITY,ANYWAY WILL TRY THE REMOVER ON IT IN A SMALL AREA SEE HOW IT GOES.

£15 for the coastal artillery set that's not bad ,in fact maybe we might start stocking them. I think I must have been about 5 when I had mine and from memory it seemed huge ,fired match sticks too I think , maybe not be so big this time round but still cool, pity they don't seem to do the 32nd scale stuff anymore.

:D:lol::o

Can confirm Airfix were taken over by Hornby last year when Heller went down the tubes. Production was switched to China. Hornby wish to make the brand strong and re-realise most of the old ranges with a lot of new products such as the 1/72nd Nimrod ( a huge model even in that scale. :rockon: )

Hornby also took over the Humbrel range of paints, glues and finishes and they are now back on sale. :smilie_tanz:

Some of the old Airfix moulds are not up to casting now as they are so old so if you see your favorite at a good price buy it as it may not be realised again. :(

I liked the 1/32nd range too. I still have the SdKfz 251, 3-tonner and Stalwart. Airfix kept promising a Panzer IV D but I never saw it. More good news is that Hornby are looking at projects that Airfix had shelved and may reserect them. :lol:

Advice is that if you want Hornby to release an "oooooldie", write to them as they are quite open to suggestions.

:violent-smiley-090::tomcat: