military records

Reece

Hi everyone i was wondering how i would go about finding out about military reords for my great grandfather (ww1)

and my great uncle (ww2) any ideas ?

:D

Hi Reece,

I have carried out a SAR (Service Acess Request) for Diane's dad who was in the Navy WW2. A ggogle search on MoD sites should throw up something. I have the Navy version and accessed it through the RN website.

Do you know their Regiments/Corps as this will help?

Otherwise on this forum Graeme's your man. maybe a PM?

Let us know what you find out. :thumbsup:

Well, my great grandfather was in the royal horse artillery in ww1,passendale,ypres,hill 60,the somme.

sorry for the spelling

and my great uncle nor much is known for him, he was in the desert rats

I dont know if its the fact that im not looking hard enough or the fact that the websites im looking up are usless, noting much can be found really

What is your great grandfather's name and number. I will have a peek on ancestry for you.

Hi not been on in a while got the top of my finger chopped off in a door on saturday night

his name is john edward cafety as the his number i dont know

Hi Reece, did you actaully loose a finger ? that sounds heavy :o

Hi Reece, did you actaully loose a finger ? that sounds heavy :o

well a chunk out of the rght sie of the ring finger i will piost some pictures when im at home there pretty bad

well i got my mates phone and went to run out of the house for a chase ( not the best thing to do and they slammed the door on my finger i couldent feel it and i was talking absolute crap in hospital but the pain came afterwards, iwill pist picturs when im at home

well a chunk out of the rght sie of the ring finger i will piost some pictures when im at home there pretty bad

well i got my mates phone and went to run out of the house for a chase ( not the best thing to do and they slammed the door on my finger i couldent feel it and i was talking absolute crap in hospital but the pain came afterwards, iwill pist picturs when im at home

Ouch, when I worked for summer camps we had a kid who did that. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.It gushed blood like nothing I have ever seen though!

Reece,

Do you mean Cafferty? And was he from Rochdale?

G

Yes he was from rochdale and yes thats how its spelt get a bit mixed up with the spelling ,

Hi graeme thanks for that really means something to me i got my gran up while she was round and is defentley is him

so thankyou for takeing time to find these, also i was wondering is it possible to get copys of these documents or the atual documents ?

• 3 weeks later...

A researcher could make copies of the documents for you. Or you could do it yourself if you go to the National Archives in London.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funnley enough im going to london on a school trip so if possible i will take a look into doing that