Grouping

stewy

very nice Stewy, good to get both books together as these were usually split up, I see he saw allot of action too, certainly got around abit :thumbsup:

Here's another,this fella served with the same unit through the war. These groups are nice coz at least they made it. How messed up they were is a different matter. Stewy

post-65-1225329637_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329751_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329786_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329830_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329862_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329907_thumb.jpg

post-65-1225329962_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:

Belated reply to your pics due to my computer shutting down yesterday. :tantrum:

The General looks like Rommel but is perhaps too thin?

I love the officer pic in the way he has obviously taken his glasses out of his hip pocket.

The panzermen pic is a typical comrades pose. it is interesting that one has the M42 cap where the others have the older M40. This can approx. date the photo to about the time of issue of the former.

Can't make much out of the writing. Handwriting if you don't know much German is very difficult. Pre 42 it could be in Sutterlin script.

The paperwork is fascinating. I always feel that photos and documents give a really human feel to history. Uniforms and equipment is great too but we nearly never know who used/owned it.

Congrats on your collection.

:violent-smiley-090: