Kubelwagen,Russia '41

stewy

Great pic Stewy, is that a cufftitle or is he a Sgt Major? Looks like he was in the same group as my uncle , the G, I believe is for the units under Guderians command, can you make out the divisional sign? More Dave's department but I think there is a chance the Kubelwagen is attached to a Panzer Division.

• Like 1

Hi Kenny ,i think you're right it's Russia '41 so summer me thinks. It's Guderians for sure so A.G.C. There's writing on the back,i'll scan & post it. Is there anyway of tracing the vehicle through the reg. no? You know how efficient the Germans are. Stewy

• Like 1

from memory the last number plate we had a round red stamp on it I think this had the unit on it , I'm not sure if you can tell from the plate itself again Dave is the man who would know, he is in France just now but will be back in two weeks.

If we can link the picture to the panzers we may be able to use the picture in the book ,would this interest you? you would get a mention of course.

• Like 1

Hi Stewy can u put the press pics of Heydrich up if you get a chance? Be interested to see.Been to where he was assasinated and visited Lidice

• Like 1

Stewy,

I'll speak to Dave when he comes back if thinks it will fit in we will use it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kenny,as soon as i can watermark them i will. One shows A.H taking service,coffin C/W SS flag in state, a few of Himmler walking behind gun carriage carrying coffin etc.

I have another Kubelwagen pic with two soldiers sitting counting money i'll dig that out too. Stewy

• Like 1

is this the same kubel as in the other photo?

• Like 1

sounds great Stu, look forward to seeing them, don't think they would be for the book though only Eastern front panzer items will fit, the kubels are strong contenders.Post the pics for Steve through.

• Like 1

Hi Kenny,no i very much doubt it.These 3 were not with the other pic. That looks like a big sack of cash,doubt it's wages. I've a few more as well as the set i mentioned to you before. The only reason i've not posted the "H" pics is i'm computer stupid & will probably need the firebrigade to remove me from the watermark carry on. Stewy

P.S. Matey stood next to the kubelwagen looks like a bastard,don't you think?

• Like 1

Kenny the Kubelwagen pic with the psycho stood at the side is Russia '41/42 & something else on the back. I'll either post it or PM it to you.Up to you mate. I've got some Panzer divison stuff coming. I'll post my other Panzer stuff if you like. Don't want to flood the site with it. Stewy

• Like 1

excellent Stuff Stu, yes that guy is dodgy wouldn't leave my bird in the room with him, what are they pioneers or Assault gunners ? strange they have no skulls on there collars. Keep posting the Panzer stuff you can never have too much :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Should have a real oddity Panzer group to post soon. Trying to sort it this week & get to the bottom of it. Stewy

• Like 1

Bon Soir! :lol::lol:

The Kubel photos are great! Lots of sand on south Russian roads!

Can't make out the divisional sign, would have to see the original. lots of units served under Guderian.

Soldier has Kolbenring of Der Speiss.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bon Soir! :lol::lol:

The Kubel photos are great! Lots of sand on south Russian roads!

Can't make out the divisional sign, would have to see the original. lots of units served under Guderian.

Soldier has Kolbenring of Der Speiss.

• Like 1

Yet again Dave,i've got a couple of pics coming,a Panzer crew. Looks like it was taken in the low countries. A mediterrainian pic & a couple of DAK L/W pics,should be here any day now.I'll post as soon as they arrive. Stewy

• Like 1

:lol::D

Great Stu, thanks. I personally love WW2 pics.

I will help with any ID if I can unfortunately all my books are in my house in France but I go back on the 12th dec.

Kenny ( who met the great Glen) was saying about Whermacht vehicle number plates. I believe from memory that they were marked with the unit stamp to which they were issued. This is rarely legible in photos.

• Like 1