Amazing finds in Eastern Europe or Russia

Fritz

and more finds, they get bigger every time, even tanks and aircraft are being found...

• Like 3

Russian horror videos I don't like the way they are treating the dead, I think this is very disrespectfull

No that's very grim, I certainly wouldn't want anything in my collection from those guys. I'll stick to vet bring backs any day, horror is the word.

• Like 2

That's a discrase !!! Is there no legislation in place about finding human remains? Even on a battle field ?

• Like 2

In Russia and such countries there is probably no legislation, and nobody interesting in enforcing it. The only people interested are apparently those who are digging. Since the fall of the Iron Curtain in 1990 and with the cooperation or at least "tolerance" of the authorities,up till about 2000 and therefter the Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge was active and found very many gravesites, some of which had already been plundered. The remains were identified where possible and transferred to large new collective war cemeteries with little grave plaques and modest memorials. Since then the interest has dwindled. At the time, local people had been very cooperative and invaluable as to information and some of the hard work, for which they were paid. This was largely funded by voluntary funds and donations and carried out by volunteers, also members of the Bundeswehr took part. The German government did not contribute very much, as far as I know. For the first time people could then travel to Eastern Europe and visit the graves, or at least the mass burial sites of their relatives. Unscrupulous souvenir hunters have destroyed a lot of traces and made it impossible for many remains to be identified. The most important factor is always the "dogtag" or Erkennungsmarke, and possibly any small personal items remaining, even letters and documents in still readable condition have been found. So always be "aware" if people are offering dogtags from dubious sources, especially "ground dug".

http://www.volksbund.de/kriegsgraeberstaetten.html

yyy_thumb_header_page1166_4092c8e9d7.jpg90px-Volksbund_logo.png

• Like 4