British Olympic Gold Medals

Graeme

When i played it my chest swelled,i got a lump in my throat and i thought..Give me a British lass any day!! RULE BRITANNIA!

I'm not really a sporty person but it looks like Britain's doing quite well for a change , 3rd in the Olympic table :o

How in the world are the Chinese leading with so many gold medals? Must be all that quality air they breathe and MSG in their food enhancing their stamina.

Hi Greg,yip the Chinese are doing well.They were always fairly high in past olympics and in the last decade they have pumped millions into sport and are now reaping the benefits,plus there are so many of them that many athletes never made the team who could walk into other teams.Plus they are playing at home!! If you look at the British team the cycling and water sports are where we excell and again massive investment in facilities science psychologists,team physios and doctors means if you make the British team in these events yiou are pretty much guaranteed a medal as you are so good.And that was a Yank expert that said that! But in other events athletics etc we are lagging behind and again its down to under investment lack of facilities.These sports are going to look at how cycling has got it right.RULE BRITANNIA! Interestingly if Scotland was independent she would be about 10th in medal table and Britain about 17th! Im sure the English would like reminding!! :D :D

Graeme,Im sure you wont mind me reminding you but your very first post said 'I dont suppose this will be a particularly long thread'. Well 17 gold medals later and its proudly a bloody long thread!1 And i agreed with your first thread never did i think we would do so well.Or have so many hot Brit babes!! I especially like the posh ones!! ok ya! :D :D :D

Graeme,Im sure you wont mind me reminding you but your very first post said 'I dont suppose this will be a particularly long thread'. Well 17 gold medals later and its proudly a bloody long thread!1 And i agreed with your first thread never did i think we would do so well.Or have so many hot Brit babes!! I especially like the posh ones!! ok ya! :D :D :D

Olympics should have cheerleaders.... then I'd watch more on BBC, listening to a boring English bloke droll on is not fun... give me pom poms to the competitions and I'll watch water polo all day long.

How in the world are the Chinese leading with so many gold medals? Must be all that quality air they breathe and MSG in their food enhancing their stamina.

They eat Scottish deer pizzles :huh: :huh: :huh:

What can I say but I am as shocked as you. When I wrote that my mind was on what would we win on the track and field events. We have always been fairly strong in that. Now we are crap. Imagine if we could add our old T&F Team to this years games. Ovett, Coe, Cram, Backley, Sanderson, Whitebread, Christie etc etc. We might have even beat the yanks.

Those yngling girls were very nice.

Beating the yanks! That would be nice.But we always do these days in the Ryder cup though its Europe its still sweet! :D :D