Help to ID this helmet please

Ross

Not a great fan of helmets myself but this one has been kicking around the house for years and I have no idea what it is or even nationality.

No obvious markings internal or external. Most likely will try and sell this one on so any vague indication of value (if any ) would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ross

post-41-1217596845_thumb.jpg

Hi Ross, your photography is getting better :D

What you have there is a British 44 pattern helmet ,these helmets come into service in time for D Day. They were used into the 1970's but yours looks quite early .There should be a date either on the shell or inside the liner ,have a good look ,if it's dated we could be interested. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Ross, sorry I should have made my last post clearer, what I meant to say was if it was wartime dated we would be interested :(

sorry about that but post war ones are quite common, it's still a good item and an early example compared to the 70's ones but not worth much unfortunatly.

probably worth about £25 - £35 to the right person,

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow doesent seem to be worth much

Market economics... who many collectors say they collect 1970s helmets bc they are super rare highly collectible interesting and have massive history.... now ask the same for a helmet dated 1939-1945.... militaria can have little value at times

I had one of those helmets. Dated 1954. Came with a sackcloth camo cover.

I parted with it to help my nephew go to Chile on a year out before University. Got £55 for it at a car boot sale :D