Parade tunics

david f

Just how smart are these tunics!!

72ucgf5.jpg

Now i don't collect third reich stuff but these tunics are smart.

I know that the East Germans kept the same type of styling when they took over the DDR but does anyone know if the west kept the same thing or did they turn their back on anything that looked could be connected to the Third Reich?

• Like 1

I still have a West German panzergrenadier tunic from the early 50's. You could be looking at a WWII tunic at that stage.

• Like 1

Lets see it then Graeme!

I know the DDR used a lot of surplus stuff,including the much sought after Early DDR Helmet that was allegedly designed and put into production BEFORE the end of the war and the MP 44,but i don't know much about the West

• Like 1

Did the DDR use MP44's? thats something I was'nt aware of.

• Like 1

They did.

You can still get some in the US that have been overstamped with DDr Markings.

I'll see if i can find some pictures

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, looks like they have quite a lot of ex Third Reich gear there, interesting picture :)

• Like 1

The DDR really was broke in many ways and so for lack of cash used much WWII era equipment and styles. When I go over to former East Germany I often visit warehouses on old military bases now used by various military clubs (really the former soldiers just out of uniform because all the equipment was just left there). Without exaggeration I can state, you literally trip over mountains of WWII gear, the only difference being any swastikas have been removed (that goes for everything from the decal on a vehicle to a badge or award).

Thanks Dave, looks like they have quite a lot of ex Third Reich gear there, interesting picture :)
  • Like 1