Nazi Bunker Under Guys House...

stefanovic

nazi bunker under guys house. ive been reading it at home for days. Enjoy!

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topic.a...41&t=543304

• 2 weeks later...

I am hooked on the guys blog now, quite the find and I love the history, even if hidden Nazi gold and tanks were not found in the thing!

Ps... did you know Glasgow has a TON of hidden bunkers? I can name then but can you?

I can't remember what there called but I have been to one.There's one on the outskirts of Eaglesham near where Rudolf Hess landed. We went to it while I was still at school it was only a few miles away from where I used to live.

We were told about this bunker at school by some of the guys who lived near it and that it was filled with guns and uniforms.We got on our bikes and took a couple of big cardbord boxes with us to carry all the loot, I was hoping for a Luger. When we got there I decided I didn't fancy going in any more :mellow: but my pal went down no Lugers unfortunately but he did find a dead bird :D

I think they were built in case there was a Nazi invasion ,the British units would use them to launch covert raids against the Germans they only had enough food to last a couple of weeks as they were not expected to survive for longer than that.

Right I'll name a few:

1. There is a large tunnel network under city centre that seems to have been finished by the MOD. Various aspects seem to run from Central Station up under George Square (where there is access street level near the City Chambers) and then up to the Royal Infirmary. Some speculate it could be a telephone exchange that is nuclear protected as the MOD has 9 of thes across Britain. Directly under a major city would not be the best place for one considring Glasgow was high on the Russian hit list but Glasgow also is important so it could be true.

2. There are 2 ROC bunkers in the area I have spotted when driving about. The first is near Ikea/King George Dock on the Shieldhall Road. The second I forget exactly where but spotted between Glasgow and Aberfoyle.

3. There is a wll preserved Anderston shelter in Mugdock Castle and also a good sized AA battery out there as well.

4. Other likely spots are the MOD building down on Argyle St. Plenty of other Urban legend claims for other spots I won't go into.

5. Lots of coastal defence spots down along the Firth of Clyde.

On my last visit to Arran this year there was an ROC post for sale down the south of the Island. Included field above, brick outbuilding and fab views across to Alisa Craig. Wasnt council tax banded but acceptible for residence. Asking £25K for it. The wife wouldnt let me consider it sadly. Even the tempting offer of en-suite chemical toilet couldnt swing it.

In my childhood did visit a massve underground bunker complex in Inverness. Not much in it at the time exceppt some old field dressings and maps.

you think Home insurance would be required on a building designed to survive a nuclear blast????

There is a Google earth overlay I have that marks most bunkers and defense sites (pill boxes, tank diteches, etc) all over Britain. Scotland is fun to view, TONS up near Aberdeen.

• 1 month later...

Plenty in Drumchapel as well, they used to run the munitions from Clydebank to the outlying places ie Bearsden etc. Most of '' The Drum '' is built on these tunnels, infact most of Drumchapel has fell into them.

Try Bishopton, I have an excellent story about guns, food and where the Queens was going to hide should GErmany invade Britain during WWII...and I've been in it...it still classified info

I was under the impression that most of the 'falling in' around Drumchapel was due to old mining works from the 1800s and before. Can you fill in a more detailed story of the Clydebank connection to confirm or deny which is more true? Clydebank certainly did have large naval construction operations but I'd be under the impression the ships would not be armed with munitions on the Clyde as it was not an anchorage or naval base (apart from Faslane/Holy Loch further down)

In Abbotsinch on the river,is an old landing craft.American troops practiced there during the war prior to D Day,not sure if its still there,remember my dad seeing it as a boy and i saw it years ago.

• 1 month later...

Going back a few months we had a discussion about bunkers in Glasgow and that led to the stories of a BT telephone exchange under the city that would operate under threat of nuclear war. Turns out, a similar one in London is up for sale by BT currently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7677965.stm

And a 100ft underground air raid shelter :huh: thats a bit deep isnt it i wouldnt have expected a bomb to affect someting that deep underground ?