Mickey is on Big Brother!

Kenny Andrew

One of our customers is on Big Brother! This should be interesting ,lets hope he doesn't get evicted :o

michael_440x227.jpg

Kenny can start Bunker Brothers as a spin off, take some people, lock em in a bunker see what happens :-p Uniforms supplied from the babes in Uniform thread!

Excellent sounds like a plan. As a bit of a pilot could I be locked up with the Ginger bird from girls aloud??? If after acouple of months I am happy with the result then we could roll it out properly.

Leaves forum to pack bag.......

Here's a picture of Mickey I found when he used to visit the old Bunker in Virginia Street.This must be almost 20 years ago before he lost his eyesight.He was in swapping his Star Wars toys for German medals ,I think we may have been responsible for corrupting the poor chap :o

mickey1.jpg

:o

Kenny I didn't know you kept pictures of your customers!

Does that mean you have one of me on the first visit to the Victoria Galleries trading in my 70's copies of Fiesta for German medals?

:lol:B):rolleyes:

Funny you should mention that Dave, found this one from about 15 years ago, I believe that's you on the far left :) Don't know what we were celebrating that day but by the looks of the motely crew assembled I'm sure we didn't sell much :huh:

dave.jpg

:D:o:P

Don't I look fat! The ocassion was to celebrate the Bunker taking over the neighbouring unit in the Vagina Galleries. Anschloss we called it at the time. I rather miss the cosiness of that location.

What happenned to the rest of the lads? Are any customers now or members of the Forum? What happened to Scott?

I can remember you making up a catalogue every year. By the time it came out most of the stock was sold. I bought some of it.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

:lol::lol::lol:

now I'm the fat one :D Yes I remember that was the celebration after we knocked the wall down, we were on course to take over the whole lower floor of the Galleries before it started to crumble around us.We were in negotiation for the tea room too just as well we didn't get it considering what happened.

The catalogue was a nightmare to do ,Thankfully we don't need to do that any more mind you the web page isn't that much easier.

Dave is co author with me on a great new panzer book coming out next year.

The guy with the hat I have no idea who he is.

Bill fell out with us for some unknown reason.

Paul sadly died about 10 years ago.

Scott was in Basra last I heard serving with the RAF.

John I haven't seen in years.

Yes they were great days ,life seemed to be so much easier then.

:)

I think the guy in the hat was a bone fide customer. We were drinking M&S Cava if I remember. He was taken by surprise but joined in.

We ended up in Edinburgh in the Grassmarket (a good place for alkies).

Yes life did seem much easier then.

:P

Yes that was the day we met Russell Hunter on the train and had the Dr Who Robots of Death moment ,he told us when ever he was filming it the whole cast including Tom Baker were pissed out there heads and the birds were lovely, having watched it again recently I have to agree :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New reality TV show then.... The Eastern Front... we take some tossers throw them in a cold muddy trench and get to poke them with bayonets and shoot at them for a few months... hurrah!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Mickey , I thought he was going to win it but he came a very close second.

• 2 months later...

Just got a nice email from Mikey first I have heard from him after leaving the big brother house , sounds like he is doing well for himself.

Hi Kenny

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate that, I wondered if the papers

would try and contact you, glad we averted another Prince Harry, I don't

even think I have a photo of me in a Nazi uniform, it was something I was

always wary of, as like you say you never know when they will resurface.

I met Rachel a few weeks ago at a Coronation Street party to launch Out of

Africa and she said she was still shocked at winning, I definately think she

thought I had won, but at the back of my mind I thought she might get it for

one reason or another.

I think the interview with me and her is still up there on:

www.insightradio.co.uk

Under straight talking with Mikey, my show is on a Friday night at 6pm, you

can listen in Glasgow on 101FM and UK via Sky 0188

This week there is chos as I switched on the Kilwinning Christmas lights,

the local MP got booed on stage and they all started chanting Mikey, so I

think I will go into politics and run in 2010 for MP, so any photos of me in

Nazi uniforms would have been hot then, just so glad I didn't even dress up

for a party.

Sorry about the panzer badge, I never did get the email, I would have

definately did something with you on it, It went to a collector, the badge

was really nice, nice high detail.

You can certainly reduce the price of the engine and see if it helps.

I will keep in touch and thanks again for the support.

Mikey

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this on the e-forum from Armourer... Kenny, did Mikey contact you regarding this? I'd be shocked if he did not. I did not know he was studying at GU... I wonder who is is studying under, history department or war studies... if you know let me know.

WANTED For unique PhD project on Third Reich collectibles. Mikey of Mikey Hughes Militaria and Big Brother runner-up 2008 is studying for a PhD at Glasgow University (founded 1451). He is tracking the demand for Third Reich Militaria from the 1930’s until the present day, one of the aims is to see how much of an investment the collectibles are. Mikey is looking for a variety of sources and is particularly interested in hearing from families or veterans that have items brought back from WWII and have not been in any other dealers hands. He is also keen to hear from collectors regarding how much they paid for items over the years. He is also after dealer lists, auction catalogues with prices, books with price lists, original Third Reich period catalogues, Militaria magazines and so on. Mikey would also like to speak to other dealers on their views of the market. The material will be used for the PhD with possible inclusion in a book. Mikey can value for free items that are used for the research. Website: www.mikeyhughesmilitaria.com Email: mikeyhughes@btopenworld.com Mobile: 07759311333

Hi Greg, he did mention the PHD and the fact he is taking a back seat from dealing after his experience in the big brother house , he didn't say anymore unfortunatly, I think he is writing a book.

Will let you know if I hear anything else.

• 2 years later...

Well Mickey did eventually stand as an MP but unfortunately did not do as well as he did in BB , here he is with Mr Sheridan

i think i bought a black wound badge off micky at ingelston could be wrong a while ago.

i remember asking you about virginia galleries, for some reason i remember a bazooka in a glass display case years ago as well.

could be the demetia can't remember

Dont know what would be more damaging to his career being snapped in a a TR tunic or hanging out with with Mr Sheridan.