Worth Watching

leon21

Anybody watch the Combat Dealers last night on Quest 10pm, a light-hearted look at the military collectables trade well

worth watching if you have not seen it.

Another is the new German made 3 part war drama Generation War: Our Mothers, Our Fathers, which started last Sat

on BBC 2 9.30pm. It's the story of 5 friends and the different paths they take through the war.

• Like 2

I watched Combat dealers last night , quite good, although I thought it was highly unlikely the guy randomly found a wartime picture of a schwimwagen in France in 1945.He then went to the village in France to try and find it ,and then after about 20 minutes or however long it took he found the exact same schwimwagen in a barn! :huh:

• Like 2

I also watched Combat dealers. It was quite good to see the old schwimmwagen in the barn. It was also nice to see Bruce's Hetzer, my dream tank. :)
But I hate the fact it is about dealers though, the fact they sound like typical dealers trying to make a mint annoyed me. Why not focus on military collectors of these vehicles who don't buy to sell. It was all about value. shame. He offered 20,000 euros for that schwimmwagen, that is a huge insult to its value!! Typical dealer trying to con the old farmer. He then tried it on a real collector who knew the vehicles value!! Genuinely disappointed.

• Like 3

I did enjoy it but another thing that annoyed me was the way they seem to be scripted, it was almost like the same script writers from Pawn Stars who had written it , the way they talk into the camera and tell the same sort of story in the same sort of style as Rik from pawn stars , you would think they could come up with something different.

We were actually approached a couple of years ago to do the UK version of pawn stars, but I didn't fancy it , having camera's around all day and having to follow the daft story lines , might have been good but then again might have been bad.

They did make a UK pawn stars, caught a couple of episodes but it didn't seem as good as the US version , not sure if it's been canceled or not.

• Like 2