Classic 80's

Graeme

No Problem with the 80's that was my era

Yikes,

must admit impressed by some of your musical taste! Saw the damned live a couple of months ago. Was down the front bopping away like a teenager surrounded by fat bald middle aged blokes with Neat Neat Neat t shirts pulled stretched ove their paunches. Must be getting old as could barely walk the nextt day.

The Damned were great I saw them three or four times, Dave Vanian, Roman Jugg, Rat Scabies :D didn't like the spitting through

I am on a roll now. Have looked out my double breasted shirt and pirate hat, just need to find the wifes eyeliner and pixie boots.

Remember seeing these guys on The Tube.

I went to see them on their first ever tour when they played Edinburgh. Most boring gig I have ever been to. If it wasn't for the cans of Red Stripe and the funny cigarettes I wouldn't have lasted.

You will note that the next video is not in the Hot Women in Rock for a very good reason.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

All my pals hated the Damned and yet everybody here seems to like them, just shows what a strange lot all us militaria people are :D

Saw the Damned last year at the Students Union in Newcastle. Still great live. On tour again in a few months with The Alarm. Was full of middle aged blokes with Neat Neat Neat T shirts pulled over their paunches so was easy to blend in. Did have a bit of a pogo about at the front no doubt fuelled by student union bar prices and suffered for it the next day.

Your Brave Ross , I always used to keep well away from the front of the stage :o