Soldbuch 17th Panzer Division

Kevin.G

Hello guys,
I want to show my soldbuch from a soldiers who served. In Both the 291.infanterie Division and 17. panzer division.

Soldbuch pz.gr.rgt.40 17th panzer division Johannes Schützes Obergefreiter was a farmer living in Ribau called up in 1941. And served Feb.41 with schwere artillerie ersatz abteilung 55 based in Braunschweig.
1942-1944 with artillerie regiment 291 of the 291. infanterie division (Leningrad Wolchow Welikije Luki Kiew Ukraine Tarnopol Brody Kowel) Dec.44-Mar.45 with panzer grenadier regiment 40 of the 17th panzer division.

During that period active in Baranow he was several times hospitalized both ill and wounded.
Apr-Jun.41 hospitalized in Braunschweig and Konigslutter because of influenza and ear inflammation. Dec.41-Jan.42 hospitalized because of frostbite.

Jul.-Aug.43 hospitalized in a field hospital because he got wounded by shrapnel;
Sep-Nov,44 for the second time by shrapnel and with the hospital train to Germany where he was hospitalized in Lahr and Budweis.

Finally he got severly wounded for the third time by shrapnel on 4.3.45, shrapnel left knee right leg right calf and right underarm, he was hospitalized in the military hospita in Gottleuba and was discharged on 26.7.45.

Entitled to.

Winter war medal 7.8.42
Wound badge in black 20.10.43
Wound badge in silver 11.4.45
War merit cross second class with swords 20.4.44

2v9rqk8.jpg

357osa9.jpg

2wf5wzr.jpg

2who374.jpg

118f1j7.jpg

• Like 5

Excellent Soldbuch Kevin, I wonder if he knew my uncle who served in Pz rgt 39, 17th Pz div at the same time, Dec.44-Mar.45 :thumbsup:

• Like 1