I don't believe it!

Dave

:P:huh:;)

One for all fans of reenactors and ebay.(I know there are many on this forum) :)

Alarm from a member of the Missing Lynx Axis Forum who had spotted an ebay seller posting photos taken of the reenactment group SBG at the Beltring War and Peace show as Leibstandarte LAH originals :lol: They had been converted to black and white images.

It is obvious from looking at them what they are by the background and the ropes around the displays. :P

Seemingly when the seller was contacted he claimed to have "found them in an album" but is still including "100% original" in his description. <_< I supose he also found the album "in a barn in eastern Europe". :lol:

Of course ebay is doing nothing as usual <_< .

Here's the link if you want to peruse them. :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Foto-Elite-Waffen-XX-LA...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm now selling on ebay photos of Kenny's shop, converted to Sepia and under the title 'Hitler's bunker storage area' ;)

Low reserve, I found them in an albumn in a barn in Poland.

For those that prefer live action photos I have some excellent rare combat photos taken in Normandy on D-day! These were given to me by a Greek Paratrooper who landed with the British ina freedom brigade! Some may say the photos look exactly like King & Country models, but I swear this is only low resolution photos due to the equipment available. :P

That is actually quite scary ,I know there is allot of rubbish on ebay but I always considered photo's to be a safe bet.The only memorable things I remember seeing on ebay was a couple of Panzer albums with fantastic photos I even considered bidding on them but they went was mental money over £1000 each if I remember correctly.Now I'm thinking was this a lucky escape I'm sure it would be easy to reproduce these photos and if there selling for that kind of money well worth it.I wonder what there return policy would be if you even thought to check they were clever reprints.

The guy who is selling the above must be at it unless he himself was duped too but I some how doubt it .Those photos were made to deceive using the old wartime style with the cut out borders.I think he has been caught here and it would be interesting to see what else he has sold in the past.

I'll post the picture here again as it will probably disappear from that link soon.

10thbattlegroup.jpg

:huh:

Reading other forums eg Whermacht awards has shown me that faking WW2 photos on ebay is common. Unscrupulous sellers are getting hold of wartime paper and reproducing wartime photos on it. :angry:

It's not just German; British and US copies have been made. People have recognised photos from IWM or NARA stocks! <_<

Some have observed the same photo being sold several times! :o

The BIG prices being paid for photos has attracted the fakers who will ruin this area of collecting too. I also feel it is a pity that soldiers albums are being broken up and the photos sold seperately. It loses the "story".

A very good site for info; http://www.kriegsberichter.de/Data/fake01e.htm

Greg, the management of ebay tell me you are just the sort of imaginative entrepeneur they are looking for! But don't forget no nasty Nazi symbols to be shown in your fakes-oops sorry high quality goods! They do have rules! :lol::P

Not only have period photos been reproduced, they have also been genuine fakes. A well known early SS book had some photos of (Supposedly), British Freikorps at the front. Damned exciting stuff heh ? But they were merely a few guys in faked uniforms having a walk in the woods !

Can't trust anybody these days.

I remember seeing a german para photo album on e bay ,and it was blindingly obvious that it was a fake.The images were far to clear and the uniforms were all wrong