Imperial German CDV's And Postards

david f

Hey,

promised that I will show you some things from my collection. For this topic first a picture of my Gran-Granfather (mothers side) who served from 1915-1918 in the german army (eastern front).

Chris

post-18-1196530361_thumb.jpg

Very interesting. Did he spend the whole war on the eastern front? Do you have any notes about his experiences?

G

He served the whole time in Inf.Rgt. 202. Unfortunatly, I didn't find any special information about this regiment, yet. Unfortunatly, my gran-granfather was no "big fan" of the for (what I can understand) and so, there's not much left. BUT 2 years ago, I got his Wehrpass from WW2 in which some "things" from WW1 were noted and a few photos (WW1 and WW2). If you're interested in seeing them, I could post them tomorrow evening or at the latest on Thursday evening after work.

I also have some other WW1 and imperial photos but unfortunatly my collection is still in a little mess, because of getting a new flat and so I'll have to look for them a bit....

Bye

Chris

Fantastic picture Chris.

Please post images from the wehrpass and the photos as i would love to see them

David F

sounds good Chris yes I'd like to see them too .

Hey folks,

I was very happy to see that so many people are interested in my stuff. So, first I've got 2 other pictures of my gran-granfather.

The first one after he has been awarded with the EK2 (see his left "breast"). The other one is a kind of remebering card (Zur Erinnerung) of him.

I'll post his Wehrpass in this "Area" too and call the Topic "Gran-Granfathers' Wehrpass".

Chris

(Please forgive me any mistakes I make in writing, but if I'm trying to be fast, sometimes misstakes happen)

post-18-1196880128_thumb.jpg

post-18-1196880135_thumb.jpg

That's a cracking card.

I like the swans in the background. They add a sombre touch to the card. very sombre creatures swans.