Collection Favourite

mr bridger

What item in your collection would be your favourite piece that you would not part with, could be that first item you aquired, price or rarity not important anything from a day badge to cloth items or even autographs.

• Like 5

To many to list... :D

If I had to choose one large favourite it is obviously going to be my GPW Jeep.

But if I had to choose an item that is indoors it would probably be my original gun sight from the deck gun off of a U-Boat. Was built by the famous Carl Zeiss and was from a 10.5cm Ubts.u gun, the 12th one built to be exact.

A stunning item and still works perfectly, must be one of the most rarest of items I own, even rarer than some of the other U-Boat items I own including a searchlight from one.

• Like 3

I have two I would never part with.

My combined pilots and observer's badge by W.Deumer.....And my Flier's Commemorative badge

by C.E.Junker.

• Like 3

Probably the photo's and diaries I used in my book , don't want to think what they might be worth, especially if I sold them with the book ,it would need to be a really bad day before I parted with these.

• Like 2

I would find it hard to let go of my AH formal pattern fork that was taken from the Eagles nest, it came via a dealer direct from the vet with a porfolio of pictures of him and his unit removing the silverware.

The sale of the vet's silverware was used to rebuild his local church's roof.

• Like 3

Hitler Silverware is great,I used to collect it too, but there are lots of good copies of it, especially the Bruckmann silver salvers.It's great you have the provenance Scott, that's the only way to buy silverware,nothing beats knowing where an item came from :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 11 years later...
On 15/09/2012 at 19:25, leon21 said:

I have two I would never part with.

My combined pilots and observer's badge by W.Deumer.....And my Flier's Commemorative badge

by C.E.Junker.

Can you post pictures of these?

• Like 3

Sorry Paul, I Know I said I would not part with them, but sold them years ago.

• Sad 3