Whats this Aircraft ?

leon21

that photo is incredibly sharp, are you sure it is not a modern photo made to look authentic?

• Like 3

could it be another one of these :D

Mail0009.JPG

Mail0010.JPG

• Like 2

I thought so, then researched the tail number..... it is on a grass runway receiving some sort of works???? Also look at the board propped up to the left, you cannot read it but possibly is a history display board for a group as it faces the fence that surrounds the area. It also looks like two women in the background beyond the fence... walking around a German airbase? Looking at the background image data though the image was 'created' with Adobe Photoshop in October 2011, it has a listed 'Copyright' of Associated Press 1945. soo... trace the tail number and you find the plane is in Canada today but not assembled since the 1960s but was on display in England after the war! 

The actual photo on flickr saying it is in Hyde Park - http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin7nut/6332607872/

And the History: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/he162sf_1.htm which confirms Hyde Park too

So possibly a real photo but not wartime but just after

• Like 3

Sorry guys been away for a few days, came across this image when I was looking for luftschuts images. First one

I've seen. Thanks for the info guys. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Nice to see she is still around :)

Don't know what it is about these but I love them, look a lot more nicer than the 262's.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

The He 162 "Salamander" was also known as the "Volksjäger", it was economical and easy to produce, but difficult to fly. You can see RAF personnel working on it.

• Like 3

• 5 years later...

Is that Bernd Fehrle in the Afrikakorps photos?

Württembergisches Gebirgsbataillon

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It certainly does :o 

• Like 3